No announcement yet.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Flab View Post
    Skyrim is set around the film Beowulf time, is it not? Don't see what your problem is GC.
    My problem is that it's all over the place. and I'll be more than happy to back my argument.

Going by the lore of Skyrim there haven't been a war in Skyrim since the last dragon war 1000+ years ago.
    - The great war never happened within the borders of Skyrim
    - Last dragon war happened thousand of years ago
    - the civil war is recent and haven't been anything other than a few wilderness skirmishes
    - The dragon threat happens only the MOMENT as you start the game

In other words skyrim is untouched - for the moment

YET, everything is in decay because it looks holywood real, everything is overly grim and cliché filled from the horned viking hemlets to the poor, dull austrian ''Schwarzenegger'' accent.

I'm well aware with Beowulf's - an old-english interpretation of a hero who came to aid the danish king in battle. Much like shakespears facination with the danish crown in Hamlet. But there's a logical way of implementing these things and then there's the none-logical holywood approach, which hurts my head.

Like if I had to make a tale based in the british kingdom, in the medieval times - All the knights had green teeth, the women were buttugly, and for some weird reason they all had french accent, living a peaceful existance in burned down Yurt's.
    Last edited by Grand Champ; 12-26-2011, 07:34 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Grand Champ View Post
      My problem is that it's all over the place. and I'll be more than happy to back my argument.

Going by the lore of Skyrim there haven't been a war in Skyrim since the last dragon war 1000+ years ago.
      - The great war never happened within the borders of Skyrim
      - Last dragon war happened thousand of years ago
      - the civil war is recent and haven't been anything other than a few wilderness skirmishes
      - The dragon threat happens only the MOMENT as you start the game

In other words skyrim is untouched - for the moment

YET, everything is in decay because it looks holywood real, everything is overly grim and cliché filled from the horned viking hemlets to the poor, dull austrian ''Schwarzenegger'' accent.

I'm well aware with Beowulf's - an old-english interpretation of a hero who came to aid the danish king in battle. Much like shakespears facination with the danish crown in Hamlet. But there's a logical way of implementing these things and then there's the none-logical holywood approach, which hurts my head.

Like if I had to make a tale based in the british kingdom, in the medieval times - All the knights had green teeth, the women were buttugly, and for some weird reason they all had french accent, living a peaceful existance in burned down Yurt's.
      You're just butthurt because you sound exactly like that.

If you followed the story at all you'd already know there have been many wars and great battles in Skyrim.

Comment

• I had the game on N-Gage that was based around a war in Skyrim and Hammerfell. I was a badass Redguard knight.

Can't remember anything about the game apart from me being a badass.

Comment

• And it was always foggy. Why aren't you complaining about that? Why was it always foggy!!!?

Comment

• Comment

• How do you defeat nahkriim and the two dragons in skuldafn?
              I nearly killed the dragon priest his health bar was pretty much gone buthelezi then he electrocuted me again and I died. If I attack the dragon I die even quicker....

I would really appreciate some help on this

Comment

• Originally posted by bridger1 View Post
                How do you defeat nahkriim and the two dragons in skuldafn?
                I nearly killed the dragon priest his health bar was pretty much gone buthelezi then he electrocuted me again and I died. If I attack the dragon I die even quicker....

I would really appreciate some help on this
                If they're constantly kicking your a$$, your not strong enough. Forget about them & go out & get stronger. That's what I do if I buckup against a foe that's clearly levels above you, level up then return.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
                  If they're constantly kicking your a$$, your not strong enough. Forget about them & go out & get stronger. That's what I do if I buckup against a foe that's clearly levels above you, level up then return.
                  Yeah I thought that might be the case but I didn't think you could leave skuldafn

Comment

• Some of you guys were right about the Mages Guild.

The Skyrim graphics are way better but Oblivion had way better guilds.

Comment

• Also, someone tell me again where the Sheogorath quest is, in Skyrim?

Comment

Working...
                      X