Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception [Official Thread]

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Uncharted 3: Drake vs. a 450-Year-Old Villainess

Could Nate's latest boss be immortal?

We now know that Nathan Drake's villain in Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception is an older British woman named Katherine Marlowe, but what if she's really old? Really, really old? What if she's like 450 years old?

That might sound crazy, but Uncharted is a franchise based on people chasing the Fountain of Youth and everlasting life. What if someone actually found it and didn't go crazy like the soldiers in Drake's Fortune and Lazarevic in Among Thieves? I think Sir Francis Drake and his crew might have found the gift of everlasting life hundreds of years ago, and Katherine Marlowe is the product of that.

Still, to be clear, this is all just speculation. This is a theory I made up and is not the official story from Naughty Dog. I don't know anything except for what has been released so far.

ign

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/115/1156737p1.html

Comment

For anyone who hasn't seen this yet:

Comment

Uncharted 3 Bound for London
        A fist-fight in a traditional English boozer opens Nathan Drake's next adventure.

A piece of concept art for Uncharted 3 showing a London pub in which Nathan Drake and Sully scrap it out early in the game has been revealed.

The artwork -- which was accepted into the Into The Pixel 2011 exhibition -- shows a traditional London boozer called The Pelican, which will serve as "one of the first scenes you'll see in Uncharted 3", according to Naughty Dog's Andrew Kim.

Speaking to the official PlayStation blog, Kim said he wanted to "give the pub a boxing theme, as it seemed a perfect fit to have Drake and Sully brawling in a small pub that has been historically patronized by boxers and boxing fans."

Since the unveiling of Katherine Marlowe as Uncharted 3's principle antagonist, it was strongly suggested that a section of the game would take place in England, with London being the obvious candidate -- something this artwork now confirms.

ign

Comment

Comment

Next up are some details about the European Special Edition. Below is an early design for you to look at: it’s still work in progress but trust me, the final version will be epic and will look like Nathan Drake’s diary with fully illustrated pages, including concept art, screenshots, sketches etc. Of course, it will have a premium finishing and will definitely standout in your collection of games.

In addition to this, the Special Edition will include a PSN voucher allowing you to download the following items and enabling you to stand out when playing online:

Multiplayer skin and weapon: ‘London Drake and Pirate AK-47′:Customise the appearance of both your avatar and your weapon.
            Multiplayer ‘Upper Cut Taunt’: Allows you to give an upper-cut gesture for increased self-expression and bragging rights when playing online.
            ‘Cash Multiplier’: Earn in-game cash much faster when playing online.
            ‘Special Edition Decals Pack’: Decals to customise your avatar’s accessories.

So first up, we have some multiplayer weapon mods, medal kickbacks and booster pre-order bonuses for which availability will vary between retailers across Europe. So, take a deep breath, here’s the lowdown:

‘Callout Mod for AK-47′
            Equip your AK-47 with a laser sight that enables your entire team to see the location of the opponent you are currently targeting. How cool is that? Great for team building

‘Clip Size Mod for Para-9′
            Increase the size of the bullet clip for your Para-9 pistol and spend more time shooting your opponents before having to reload. Something I will personally enjoy as I spend far too much time reloading and getting shot in the process!

‘Clip Size Mod for G-MAL’
            Increase the size of the bullet clip for your G-MAL long gun and spend more time shooting your opponents before having to reload. The G-MAL is one of my favourite weapons so more bullets will make it even more enjoyable to use.

‘Creepy Crawler Kickback’
            Turn into a swarm of deadly creatures for a limited time and overwhelm your enemies. Definitely one of my favourite kickbacks. Unusual but very satisfying.

‘Carpet Bomb Kickback’
            Send out three grenades with a single throw to blanket your opponent – or take out a group of opponents – with multiple explosions. Here’s a video for you. Enjoy the triple grenade damage!

‘Regeneration Booster’
            Boost your healing power to recover from your wounds more quickly. Extra energy is always welcome to survive multiplayer gunfights!

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2011/...lorer-edition/

The Special Edition case looks amazing and it isn't even the finished product yet...
            Last edited by ???; 06-14-2011, 05:44 PM.

Comment

That is a SICK special edition, im getting the regular one regardless, ill run through it twice and probably be done with it for awhile, i'll start on hard, followed by Crushing like I do with the others. Uncharted multiplayer isn't to be taken seriously in m/o.

Comment

Originally posted by Ether View Post
                That is a SICK special edition, im getting the regular one regardless, ill run through it twice and probably be done with it for awhile, i'll start on hard, followed by Crushing like I do with the others. Uncharted multiplayer isn't to be taken seriously in m/o.
                I'm definitely going to try and get the special edition, besides the case looking amazing you get the extra codes as well.

Plus I got the collectors edition for Uncharted 2 and the case for that was beautiful.

Comment

Game looks beautiful plus it's uncharted, I WANT it.

Comment

UNCHARTED 3 Multiplayer Beta Concludes, Is Largest PS3 Beta Ever

Sadly, the UNCHARTED 3 Multiplayer Beta came to an end earlier today, racking up over 1.53 MILLION unique players participating! This makes UNCHARTED 3 the LARGEST online beta to appear on the PS3. I cannot describe how awesome everyone in the Naughty Dog studio feels about hitting this milestone – we couldn’t have done it without you, our fans and community!

Below, we’ve collected some jaw-dropping stats from the Multiplayer Beta. You guys were busy!

-Total unique Beta players: 1.53 million people

-Total kills: 1.9 billion

-Total Cash collected: 1.4 TRILLION dollars (that’s greater than the gross domestic product of Spain, the eleventh highest GDP in the world!)

-Total shots fired: 48 billion

-Total matches completed: 22 million

-Total time played: More than 362 years worth of matches

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011/...charted_071511

Comment

Naughty Dog pushed the Playstation 3 hard on Uncharted 2 but Uncharted 3 is taking it further. "We’re at full speed, optimizing code specifically for the SPUs," Naughty Dog co-president (and former technical director) Christophe Balestra told Edge.

Naughty Dog has said that Uncharted 3 uses an "evolved" version of the same engine they used in Uncharted: Drake's Fortune and Uncharted 2: Among Thieves that has allowed the game to have noticeable improvements, such as stereoscopic 3D, destruction, real-time moving environments, more realistic textures, and animations. Naughty Dog has said that Uncharted 3 will be graphically superior to Uncharted 2.
                      Last edited by Ether; 08-18-2011, 04:14 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X