Collapse
No announcement yet.

Your 2010 Game of The Year?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Red Dead Redemption by Far, the game is the biggest innovation this year and gives an idea of what to expect from open word games, Quality, Quantity, and selection.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Fury View Post
      Starcraft 2 for me and it's not even close.

I enjoyed sooo many games this year but no matter how many times I play SC2 I just can't get enough of it. Every game is different and you are constantly learning and adapting. I can see myself playing this until they come out with another starcraft.
      I forgot all about this game. I am adding this.

Comment

Originally posted by Oasis_Lad View Post
        Super Mario Galaxy 2.

Countering us with a nintendo exclusive? huh lad..

I've read about Mario Galaxy 2, Mario is a game where if it's being called a 10/10 it's believable.

Originally posted by Dorian.. View Post
        I hate picking just one, we've had a bunch of great games this year.
        Red Dead, God Of War 3, New Vegas, GT5, Assasins Creed and so on. If I had to pick a game tho.. I'd go with Mass Effect 2.

I will say this tho, as great as these games are..none of them come close to Uncharted 1/2.
        I don't know D.. Uncharted 2 is so on another level than 1 was, i had a friend who started 1 but didn't bother to make it even 30% through, and i let him borrow 2 and he loved it and actually finished the damn game.

I forgot to mention Super Street Fighter IV, it added 10 new people and new ultras. The online was better. I've since got rid of it because i'm getting ready for Marvel Vs Capcom 3.

Comment

If Mass Effect 2 came out a month earlier this would be an easy choice - Red Dead Redemption was amazing in every way: Great story, great characters, great sound and music and such a perfect setting that even though you spend 80% of your time on horseback I never grew tired of riding from A to B.

Mass Effect 2 was so close to perfection however with an amazing story and character arc, varied missions and a stellar original universe.

If I pick either ME2 or Red Dead then I would feel like I was doing the other one a disservice.

Comment

GOTY: Mass Effect 2

Runner up: RDR

Comment

Originally posted by Alan Partridge View Post
              GOTY: Mass Effect 2

Runner up: RDR
              Or vice versa...

Comment

Ill give it to red dead, although I haven't played it I never heard 1 flaw from it.

This year I never had a gave where I go oooo man this is dope as hell!!

Black ops was good, but imo its no game of the year.

I love fifa 11 but a sports game will never win game of the year.

Final fantasy was hot I like that ill give that a game of the year that I've played.

Comment

I hate to say this but...........

Mass Effect 2
                  Red Dead Redemption
                  NBA 2k11
                  Fifa 11

I say i hate to say this because im the local southern fried homey around these parts and should be in love with RDR.

but the fact is that for all the promises they made about they game they lightly hit all of them....i liked the expasivness of the game but i feel at times they just relied too much on aesthetics and not enough on substance

i wish that Rockstar would put more things to do in their games. Of course they have enough missions, but if they harnessed the utter size of the map the way say oblivion or fallout does then imagine the fun to be had

that being said some parts of the game got rather competitive...go get this, bring it here, the plan goes to hell, get the **** out of there.

not trying to be a negative nancy....i loved the game...but that is why ME2 beat it out

but every other game that came out this year dissapointed me

Fallout New Vegas was a HUGE let down.

i dont even attempt to play it anymore....the bugs and glitches totally killed it for me...plus most of the missions were PAINFULLY annoying to do and i didnt enjoy a lot of them....the ghoul rocket mission comes to mind.

Comment

Originally posted by MidnightSpecial View Post
                    I hate to say this but...........

Mass Effect 2
                    Red Dead Redemption
                    NBA 2k11
                    Fifa 11

I say i hate to say this because im the local southern fried homey around these parts and should be in love with RDR.

but the fact is that for all the promises they made about they game they lightly hit all of them....i liked the expasivness of the game but i feel at times they just relied too much on aesthetics and not enough on substance

i wish that Rockstar would put more things to do in their games. Of course they have enough missions, but if they harnessed the utter size of the map the way say oblivion or fallout does then imagine the fun to be had

that being said some parts of the game got rather competitive...go get this, bring it here, the plan goes to hell, get the **** out of there.

not trying to be a negative nancy....i loved the game...but that is why ME2 beat it out

but every other game that came out this year dissapointed me

Fallout New Vegas was a HUGE let down.

i dont even attempt to play it anymore....the bugs and glitches totally killed it for me...plus most of the missions were PAINFULLY annoying to do and i didnt enjoy a lot of them....the ghoul rocket mission comes to mind.
                    The day i got it just so happened to be the day the second patch came out. v.02. Vegas is sick. the Fallout 3 story is better, but i've saw bugs and had 2 freezes since getting it. Still got tons to do but the game requires far more work than Fallout 3.

Comment

Originally posted by Ether View Post
                      The day i got it just so happened to be the day the second patch came out. v.02. Vegas is sick. the Fallout 3 story is better, but i've saw bugs and had 2 freezes since getting it. Still got tons to do but the game requires far more work than Fallout 3.
                      i got some bug half way through the game that makes my PS3 lock up around 20 minutes of playing every time i boot up

its ****ing gay

and in attempts to save my PS3 from burning out i quit playing it

Comment

Working...
                      X