Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can someone tell me the pros and cons of the PS3 slim compared to the 60GB PS3

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can someone tell me the pros and cons of the PS3 slim compared to the 60GB PS3

Okay so my brother has his PS3 80GB in his girlfriends house for now because my sister needs the bedroom for her and her daughter until she moves out with her boyfriend. So my bro plays the PS3 in his girls house now.

So i'm thinking of buying one for myself.

I was googling for pros and cons for both PS3 slim and the 60GB one and all I found was threads cocksucking the PS3 Slim.

Let me be honest, I hate how the PS3 slim looks. It's so ugly and looks cheap, and it is cheap. For a 320GB it cost $400 at Best Buy. That's cheap as hell for so much GB's.

Then the PS3 60GB cost $800, and a refurbished one cost $450. Looks better, doesn't look cheap, isn't cheap, and it just looks better than the slim by 100x, it looks modern. I like how it's shiny. The slim doesn't have that shiny plastic and the design looks like it should be for a system for a 1990s system.

I know the PS3 60GB is more likely to get the YLOD if you don't take care of it. My neighbor has had his PS3 60GB since it came out(the $600+tax one) and he told me all that stuff about the 60GB getting damaged is bull****. He said that happens to people that leave there PS3 on 24/7 even when they're not at home and they never even clean up the dust. And I understand that because it's the same as a computer where you have to clean it after a while. You have to open it up and dust it off. I take his word for it because he's had his for a couple of years now with no problems at all.

To top it off, the PS3 slim is not Backward Compatible like the 60GB. The slim just sucks in so many ways.

But I want to read some opinions. Maybe I can change my mind and settle for the pathetic-looking PS3 slim if someone can persuade me that it's a lot better than the 60GB one.

Please help, don't just read this. If you have any advice, post it. I'm opened to changing my mind.

Well first of all the looks. I have a PS3 Slim and I don't understand why many people complain about it's looks. It pretty good looking in my opinion. Plus it's not like you're going to be staring at you PS3 24 hours a day.

The PS3 Slim is 33 per cent smaller, 36 per cent lighter and uses much less power than the old PS3 and it has more space on the hard drive plus you can easily change the hard drive to one that has more space on it.

Also with the backwards compatibility it doesn't bother me because I still have my PS1 and PS2 and games. Anyway, why wear out your PS3 by playing PS1 and PS2 games.
    Last edited by ???; 08-31-2010, 03:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ??? View Post
      Well first of all the looks. I have a PS3 Slim and I don't understand why many people complain about it's looks. It pretty good looking in my opinion. Plus it's not like you're going to be staring at you PS3 24 hours a day.

The PS3 Slim is 33 per cent smaller, 36 per cent lighter and uses much less power than the old PS3 and it has more space on the hard drive plus you can easily change the hard drive to one that has more space on it.

Also with the backwards compatibility it doesn't bother me because I still have my PS1 and PS2 and games. Anyway, why wear out your PS3 by playing PS1 and PS2 games.
      God doesn't like ugly.

PS3 60GB

PS3 Slim

Comment

14 views and only one person gave their opinion.

Comment

I like how the PS3 Slim has more GB's and that's about it. The size of the PS3 60GB doesn't concern me. Also the overheating problems don't bother me since i'm not a huge gamer. It's not like i'm going to fiend on it all day.

What else is better with the slim? Anything else? I heard it plays Blu Rays slower and it's a bit slower than the 60GB?

Comment

Believe it or not ???, the design of game consoles can affect the way gamers look at the system. In a lot of PS3 forums, I see people complaining about how ugly the slim is. So i'm not alone. A lot of people like the design of the 60GB PS3 way more than the slim.

It's like going out with an ugly girl because she has a good personality and not liking the hot "take joo out to olive garden" girl cause her personality isn't as good as the ugly girl. I prefer a hot girl with an alright personality than an ugly girl with no boobs or ass and slim with crooked teeth with good personality. But that's just me.
            Last edited by -Kev-; 08-31-2010, 07:38 PM.

Comment

Have you seen the PS3 Slim in real life? Not that bad looking.

Anyway the looks don't really matter.

Comment

PS3 60gb
                Backwards compatibility
                Media card reader
                More Usb ports

PS3 Slim
                Uses less power

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Blobby View Post
                  PS3 60gb
                  Backwards compatibility
                  Media card reader
                  More Usb ports

PS3 Slim
                  Uses less power
                  Thanks.

I'll see, maybe there's time for me to change my mind. Who knows. I mean, 320GB for $400 is not bad. And then the PS3 60GB cost $800 brand new, and $450 refurb. It will all depend on my wallet really. Cause I need to think of the games I will buy too. And plus other things i need to buy. So I can afford a refurbished $450 60GB but I rather buy the brand new one just to be more on the safe side(i've read some weird stories of refurbed PS3's like returning it in 2-3 days). I have buy a 32" PC input TV also that will probably be $400+.

It's hard man. I have to really thin about this.

Comment

Yo ???, what PS3 do you have? Like how many gigs?

Comment

Working...
                    X