Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm already indecisive....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Most likely, I may get the 360 first. Then the PS3. But it really depends on the launch and holiday offerings of both...

Comment

Originally posted by dionysusolympus
      Most likely, I may get the 360 first. Then the PS3. But it really depends on the launch and holiday offerings of both...

Xbox 360 comes out this fall while Ps3 will hit shelves late spring early summer 2006.

Comment

i jest hate that XBOX dont got many good games. If they had mo good games that I LIKE, then I would buy 360 on launch date.

Comment

Flaps,

With the supposed ease of programming on the PS3 and the 100gb Blue-ray discs being used, PS3 is currently the way to go. They will have the major thrid-party software support. Unfortunately, it's likely to cost in the $500 range. XBox360 is rumored at $300, but I've read articles speculating a $400 price tag.

Sony seems to have planned for the future with their new machine, which is why they aren't even thinking about a holiday 2005 release. As someone mentioned above, Microsoft seemed to go the direction of just creating the next game console.

We will have to see when this fall comes around.

Comment

i want the revolution. mario, metriod, zelda and online smash brothers. its going to be heaven. plus all the old downloads.

Comment

From what I know currently, I'd get the PS3 and a different controller than the PS3 controller (the batman boomerang thing). Its guaranteed that the PS3 will be backwards compatible where it still isn't certain on the Xbox (to my knowledge).

Playstation will get the most support too I think. For one, they've got every GTA game on lockdown for exclusive rights for so long before releasing the same game on other formats. Blu-ray doesn't really matter. If Xbox doesn't go with Blu-ray, they'll probably go with Toshiba's format. Both discs hold like 50 gigs, so whatever.

Xbox didn't have a lot of Xbox exclusive games that I cared enough about. Only game that was Xbox exclusive that I can think of that I wanted is Ninja Gaiden.

I won't be buying any of the new systems until a game I actually HAVE to have for them comes out. Otherwise, what is the point? Like I probably will want both the Scarface and Godfather games, but I'm not dying to have them. But say Victorious Boxers 3 came out, especially if it were a US release, I'd just have to get it for whichever system had it, which would almost definitely be PS3.

I still have a lot more faith in Sony PS3 than I do Xbox 360. I think both will be successful, but Sony will win easily. It should be closer this time, but not a great deal closer.

Comment

I definately wont get any of the new consoles until a price drop comes. Im not a big game fanatic now anyways especially since I play a lot of older titles instead of new ones anyhow. Also each system will most likely come out at $399.99 Microsoft has teased that and Sony has said that it will cost what Ps2 costed when it came out. Plus $59.99 for a game is F'N ridiculous and if I pay for that I better get *******s from it.

The only console I will buy when it comes out at launch will be the Revolution, the $199.99 price tag cant be beat and will probably stick for a while. Plus it offers a lot more features that are to my taste (as they will have whole Nintendo library available for download)

Comment

Originally posted by RoyFlapsHisLips
                  I've sold my PS2 and Gamecube to take a break from console gaming (still playing on the PC) until the new systems come out. Problem is, I'm already totally clueless on which system to get. XBox360 or PS3.

Obviously, I'll be able to get more answers when they actually release, but I find it funny that I'm already fretting over this.

Have any of you made a solid decision yet on which system you're getting? I'm lost.
                  Before its all over with I will have both. But I like the XBOX. Its the only one I kept out of the current systems.

Comment

I'm getting the Box first then after awhile I'll get the other one too

Comment

ill prob end up savin and tradin 4 all 3...however the one which excites me most is the revolution. backwards compatible with zelda titles. online smash brothers. goldeneye. i always preferred sega and nintendo to playstation and xbox as they aim their consoles at the games not the specs. my favoutite consoles were the dreamcast and the megadrive. shenmue was the greatest game series ever. too bad it was never finished

Comment

Working...
                      X