No announcement yet.

Uncharted 2 = Wow...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RED ARMY View Post
    Do we need to play the 1st one before the 2nd yay or nay?.
    It's not really 100% necessary, you can understand it without the first game but it fleshes out the backstory. Drakes Fortune is going cheap as well, and I don't know why you wouldn't want to pick it up. Its a really awesome game.

It does story telling with more precision than most movies, you actually invest in the characters. The game play is also awesome, the only downside of the first game is the length, first run through is like 6-7 hours for a decent gamer but I nailed it on my 2nd-3rd play through in like 3-4 hours maybe less. Thats because I knew how to solve the puzzles and basically get through every part of the game without dying.

Comment

Originally posted by -Hyperion- View Post
      my favorite game so far in this genretion along with MGS4(though MGS is totally different)....and adicting as ****...just so immersive and gameplay is flat out fun....my brother has finished it like 3 times...

im about To start ratchet and clank A crack in time(didnt have time before)...i love puzzles, so i hope the clank-time gameplay is awesome...
      Crack in Time was awesome, i found it hilarious some of the quotes in that game kill me.

It ties up pretty much all the loose ends in the R and C universe but one. Listen to the radio and switch stations too, it gives you informations on guys that just disappeared from the R and C universe like Angela and Ace Hardlight

Comment

The most enjoyable Single-player campaign you'll ever experience. I'd completed it over a dozen times before my PS3 went on the blink.

Comment

Cheers guys,and your right the 1st one is going cheap, i'll check them both out after Christmas.

Comment

It's weird, i think that this, along with Modern Warfare 2 are both quite over-rated.

I actually like Uncharted 2 for what it is, Popcorn action style fun. But to call it one of the best games ever etc is actually quite insulting to the games industry.

Comment

when is this game released?

Comment

Originally posted by Earl-Hickey View Post
                It's weird, i think that this, along with Modern Warfare 2 are both quite over-rated.

I actually like Uncharted 2 for what it is, Popcorn action style fun. But to call it one of the best games ever etc is actually quite insulting to the games industry.
                What would you say was better recently? I cant think of a game EVER that was as cinematic as Uncharted 2.

As of late its one of the only great single player games out today, only Metal Gear Solid 4, Bioshock and RPG's like Dragon Age/Fallout etc and even the RPGs are lacking in story. They all follow the same basic plot big bad guy ruling land kill him etc (Fable 2, Fallout 3, Oblivion) or theres some big unknown bad guy that you find out about towards the end (Mass Effect etc)

Uncharted 2, Bioshock and MGS4 are the only games out this gen that gave convinced me into genuinely caring about the story. Sure there are GOOD single player games like GTA4, Ratchet and Clank series, Fable 2 etc. but none of them really make you invest, infact out of the Fable, R&C and GTA i enjoyed R&C the most because even though it looks childish from the outset it has one of the biggest histories behind a series out there and is the most consistantly good long running year after year series out there and it constantly funny.

Comment

Originally posted by Witch_King View Post
                  when is this game released?
                  it came out in October in the states

Comment

Originally posted by Oasis_Lad View Post
                    The most enjoyable Single-player campaign you'll ever experience. I'd completed it over a dozen times before my PS3 went on the blink.

Comment

Originally posted by The Underboss View Post
                      On the blink = Broken

My own fault if truth be told. I kept switching it off from the back instead of closing the game then switching off the console.

Apparently they mention this in the manual when you purchase the console, but who in this day and age reads manuals?!?

Comment

Working...
                      X