No announcement yet.

PS3 80GB vs PS3 Slim

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ??? View Post
    Please explain what you mean by loaded and scaled down.
    looking at an image of it, does it have two or four USB ports on the front?

Comment

Originally posted by -veteran420- View Post
      looking at an image of it, does it have two or four USB ports on the front?
      Oh okay. I haven't really decided which one to yet.

This one looks good.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/BRAND-NEW-SON...n%3D3%26ps%3D6

Comment

yeah, thats the slim... and 250 gig at that... good buy

plus buying a new one means you have up to one year for your warranty in case anything happens...

if i were buying new (i have two ps3s so im not in the market lol) i'd be buying a slim... the 120 or 250 gigs comes in handy....

i have a 320gig HDD in my one but still....

Comment

yeah, thats the slim... and 250 gig at that... good buy

plus buying a new one means you have up to one year for your warranty in case anything happens...

if i were buying new (i have two ps3s so im not in the market lol) i'd be buying a slim... the 120 or 250 gigs comes in handy....

i have a 320gig HDD in my one but still....
          I might make a bid when theres a day left.

Comment

Originally posted by ??? View Post
            I might make a bid when theres a day left.
            i know you're in australia, so im not sure if it will apply... BUT sony was having a promotion, where if you signed up for a sonystyle visa and bought the ps3 with it you get $150 rebate...

this is what i did for my second ps3, and as soon as i bought it i paid the account and closed the card....

if you have that option "down under" i'd def do it!

Comment

60GB Version is the best.. Then just get a 500GB Hard Drive and switch them out.

Comment

Slim looks better. I would pick that one.

Comment

Go for the model with Backwards compatibility (not the slim)

I know the original PS3 is large, but it looks cool and for me the slim feels kind of "breakable" like i dont trust its build quality.

Also the ability to play ps2 games is a cool bonus

Comment

Originally posted by SirAuron View Post
                    Go for the model with Backwards compatibility (not the slim)

I know the original PS3 is large, but it looks cool and for me the slim feels kind of "breakable" like i dont trust its build quality.

Also the ability to play ps2 games is a cool bonus
                    i think BWC is the most over rated feature in a console... i have a launch day 60 gig and NEVER ONCE had the desire to put a ps2 game in it...

for me, im gaming in the new gen... ps2 has some CLASSICS, but their time has come and gone... im on to new games

Comment

i think BWC is the most over rated feature in a console... i have a launch day 60 gig and NEVER ONCE had the desire to put a ps2 game in it...

for me, im gaming in the new gen... ps2 has some CLASSICS, but their time has come and gone... im on to new games
                      Yes, but some people (including me) still like those classics.

I played through Final Fantasy 10 last week and it was the most enjoyable game i have played in perhaps 2 years.

Cost me $5

Comment

Working...
                      X