Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Most difficult games you've ever played?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The_Bringer View Post
    Always pulled up on a Gamefaqs walkthrough for whatever he's playing a tthe moment so that he never "gets stuck".

God forbid you actually try to figure something out on your own, 'ya know?

Ontop of that, he skims the entire walkthrough before he even starts playing ; so he knows all the puzzle solutions if there are any, and he knows what kinds of bosses he'll be facing before he even sees them.

I find that **** ridiculous.

It seems to me like you're defeating the entire point.
    Walkthroughs are awesome. Earthbound came with a walkthrough and it's still an atg.

if you start a game with a walk through you have to finish it with it like if you do something with out checking out the walkthrough first you might screw up the big plan that the walk through has for you then you have to go find another walk through or make due. Personally i like to play the game and get as far as i can then ill break out the walkthrough and try to get the best gear or what ever then ill beat the game. then i play the game again completely following the walk through making sure not to miss anything. though with games now adays it seems that you cant really miss anything long gone are the days of mario where you couldnt even run backwards.

Comment

Originally posted by Ether View Post
      It's safe to say DMC4 > 2 & 3. and on par with 1.

Beat DMC4 bloody palace, beat it on hell or hell mode which is 1 hit death.

Beat RE4 ON professional, one of the toughest games ever.

RE5 on professional, solo without infinite ammo.

Bioshock on Hard.

Uncharted on Hard and Crushing.

Gears of war 1 & 2 on insane, solo.

Halo 1 & 3 on legendary, solo.

Ninja Gaiden, i believe has a natural difficult difficulty. Same with RE4.

Metal Gear 4 on extreme, also beat it on Normal with 0 alerts, 0 kills and 0 deaths.

Fight Night 4 on G.O.A.T on legacy mode with 0 losses.

Street Fighter IV on Hardest.
      ( don't think these count )

Heavenly Sword on Hell Mode.

Metal Gear 3 on Extreme.

Fallout 3 on Hard.
      Re4 isn't that hard, IMO. RE5 is a ***** to go through on Solo on Professional w/o infinite ammo. The game punishes you for every stupid mistake you make. THAT is hell...I'll give you that.

A friend of mine goes crazy over Ninja Gaiden 2...he's actually completing the game on the final difficulty setting. Needless to say, he's gone through hundreds and hundreds of hours of suffering, which have ultimately made him a MUCH better player throughout this time. He just blows the game right out of the water in the lower difficulties, but I can see why he just sulks and tosses his controller aside on the last difficulty (Master?), the most basic enemies are a pain to deal with. 3-5 explosive shurikens combo landed on you=DEATH.

I dunno about the rest, although I did pass MGS4 and get the Big Boss rank, that was painstaking, but not as bad as RE5 on solo.

Shinobi (PS2) on the highest difficulty (last level+boss fight) is absolute hell. Without a shred of doubt I say this.

Comment

To this day the CONTRA games have been the most difficult games I've played

Comment

Originally posted by TintaBoricua View Post
          Re4 isn't that hard, IMO. RE5 is a ***** to go through on Solo on Professional w/o infinite ammo. The game punishes you for every stupid mistake you make. THAT is hell...I'll give you that.

A friend of mine goes crazy over Ninja Gaiden 2...he's actually completing the game on the final difficulty setting. Needless to say, he's gone through hundreds and hundreds of hours of suffering, which have ultimately made him a MUCH better player throughout this time. He just blows the game right out of the water in the lower difficulties, but I can see why he just sulks and tosses his controller aside on the last difficulty (Master?), the most basic enemies are a pain to deal with. 3-5 explosive shurikens combo landed on you=DEATH.

I dunno about the rest, although I did pass MGS4 and get the Big Boss rank, that was painstaking, but not as bad as RE5 on solo.

Shinobi (PS2) on the highest difficulty (last level+boss fight) is absolute hell. Without a shred of doubt I say this.
          Yeah man, I know how your friend feels, i think that's how it is.. I used to get my ass tore up on Devil May Cry 4, but after 109 hours.. it's like any other difficulty but the one which kills me in 1 hit is a joke, i am unbelievable in the game. I was in the top 600 in the world before I quit playing, game is old now lol. But i'm gonna try Ninja Gaiden 2 here soon.. Ninja Gaiden will break someone so fast. Props to you for getting the Big Boss rank on MGS4, apparently they might release a patch still that gives the game trophies. Konami won't give an official answer.

Comment

Ghosts N Goblins

Comment

Originally posted by Oasis_Lad View Post
              100% completion of Goldeneye still remains, to this day, my greatest achievement in the gaming world.

I almost wept when I achieved that last challenge to receive the final cheat.
              I never got 100% through it but that was my favorite game of all time.

Comment

God of war 2 was quite hard, especially he puzzles.

ES oblivion is extremely hard with the slider all the ay up. you can be killed by just one hit.

Comment

Originally posted by Equilibrium View Post

Ninja Gaiden 2 kicks my ass so much i don't even feel like playing it. It's the kind of game you can break a controler over. I'm at the second boss, he always beats my ass in less than 30 seconds and i'm playing on the easiest setting. The game really doesn't give you any chances.

Just check out this video:

That guy makes it look much easier than it really is and he still struggles at times.

You need to be extremely defensive in that game unlike most other beat em ups. It's all about counter attacks and quick reflexes.

It has been sitting on my shelf for about a month, don't know if i'll try to play it again or just trade it in.
                  yeah... well, in my case Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2.... even Ninja Gaiden Sigma...

both were hard as ****... just down right frustrating! and it fit through the whole series, no joke i never was able to finish Ninja Gaiden I on NES... i get a sick feeling in my gut when i envision the way the screen switches colors when you die and you're out of lives... so many hours on that ****... what a hard franchise!

Comment

for me.....project Gotham racing 2 platinum was by far the difficult game i have played

Comment

Working...
                    X