Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm buying a 360 next week. Must have games?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

COD: MW is still probably the best shooter out there I'm not a fan of WaW ****in dogs piss me off, I know you said no first person shooters but COD: MW is a must buy, quailty story and fun multiplayer, you should give FN4 a go I like it, it's very addictive and a lot of fun, Forza 2 is probably the best Racing game out very realistic and has hours upon hours of playtime you can go into the auction house and buy cars that other people have designed (I literally spent hours just looking at them, some are incredible) and another game I really enjoyed was Bioshock, no multiplayer but the story is great and has a nice twist in it.

Comment

Thanks, about COD 4, i already own it on pc and i played the crap out of that game but i got bored of it and i don't even have it installed right now so i doubt i'll play it on 360.

That being said i am buying halo 3 simply because i have some real life friends that play it. I will probably buy modern warfare 2 when it comes out.

Also Forza is one of the game i buy for sure. I also heard that Midnight Racing Los Angeles is good too, might get it, i like these street racing games.

Right now these are the ones i'm getting for sure:

Resident Evil 5
      Fight Night Round 4
      Forza 2
      Fable 2
      Halo 3

Thats it for now.

Comment

Originally posted by Equilibrium View Post
        Yeah i know, i'd want to get a ps3 but i can't see why i should fork out 500$ for a game system that has like 3 exclusives worth playing. Sorry but Infamous, metal gear solid 4 and little big planet aren't worth 500$. PS3 is a better console without a doubt, but the 360 has games atleast.
        Hardly, I own a 360. It RROD on me twice, I use it exclusively for well exclusives I haven't bought a game for my 360 since Gears 2 I'm only going to list exclusives worth getting since they are the only ones I can speak from experience on.

If your getting an xbox then theres the obvious Halo, Gears, Fable, Mass effect, Forza, and PGR4 (maybe) and Star Ocean

Games worth getting over the next year: Alan Wake, Halo: ODST, Reach, Splinter Cell: Conviction, Natal

Now if you were knowledgeable you'd know that the PS3 is getting a price drop and the new PS3 slim is almost a lock to come out.

And there are many more exclusives than you mentioned MGS4, LBP, Infamous, Valkyria Chronicles, Resistance series, R&C series (depends on what you like), Killzone 2, Uncharted, Warhawk, Motorstorm.

There are also FAR more exclusives coming out like God of War 3, Modnation racers, FF14, NGS2 (more a rehash with alot more content), Demons souls, Uncharted 2, R&C:CIT, Gran Turismo 5, White Knight Chronicles, Heavy Rain.

Comment

To the guy above while I agree and would recommend a PS3 over a 360 its clear that the TS already made up his mind in getting a 360 so I'll help him with the 360 games.

I would say for a 360 the games to get are:

FN4
          CoD 4-5 (both still have very active communities for online play) depending on what you want modern or WWII you can get either one.
          Gears of War: is good but pretty short I would say rent it.

I don't know what sports you play but I like baseball, football and Combat Sports.

UFC is a lot of fun but you can probably live with either UFC or FN4. If you like RPG then Oblivion or Fallout are tons of fun and will give you hours of gameplay.

Comment

I am assuming he is getting Xbox live right?

List or PM me your tag if you get Fight night or Call of duty.

Comment

Fallout 3, mass effect and ufc undisputed.

Comment

Originally posted by Left2body View Post
                To the guy above while I agree and would recommend a PS3 over a 360 its clear that the TS already made up his mind in getting a 360 so I'll help him with the 360 games.

I would say for a 360 the games to get are:

FN4
                CoD 4-5 (both still have very active communities for online play) depending on what you want modern or WWII you can get either one.
                Gears of War: is good but pretty short I would say rent it.

I don't know what sports you play but I like baseball, football and Combat Sports.

UFC is a lot of fun but you can probably live with either UFC or FN4. If you like RPG then Oblivion or Fallout are tons of fun and will give you hours of gameplay.
                Yeah, your right. I'm not being helpful

I'll go by Genre.

RPG - Fallout 3, Oblivion, Star Ocean, Fable II, Mass Effect
                FPS - Halo 3, Bioshock, COD4, Unreal Tournment 3 (better on PC if you have one), The Orange Box, L4D
                TPS - Gears 1&2, GTA4, Resi 5
                Racing- Forza, PGR4, Burnout Paradise
                Action - DMC4, NG2, Prince of Persia,
                Fighting - SF4, Blazblue, MVC2, FNR4

Take your pick. Theres a wide range if your one of those people who likes to have a large collection.

Comment

Originally posted by Ryn0 View Post
                  Yeah, your right. I'm not being helpful

I'll go by Genre.

RPG - Fallout 3, Oblivion, Star Ocean, Fable II, Mass Effect
                  FPS - Halo 3, Bioshock, COD4, Unreal Tournment 3 (better on PC if you have one), The Orange Box, L4D
                  TPS - Gears 1&2, GTA4, Resi 5
                  Racing- Forza, PGR4, Burnout Paradise
                  Action - DMC4, NG2, Prince of Persia,
                  Fighting - SF4, Blazblue, MVC2, FNR4

Take your pick. Theres a wide range if your one of those people who likes to have a large collection.
                  Good list, but I felt Losy Odyssey was better than Star Ocean.

For sports games, NBA2K9 and EA NHL09 are what I like.

Soul Calibur 4 is also a solid fighting game and probabaly going cheap now.

Comment

Street fighter 4 its great fun bro!!

Comment

Originally posted by Equilibrium View Post
                      Title says it all, i probably have missed a lot of good games since the console came out. I'm mostly buying it because i want to ****ing play fight night round 4 but i'm sure there are other good games.

I'm buying the elite, so it comes with resident evil 5. So here are the games i am sure to have:

-Resident Evil 5
                      -Fight Night round 4

Now i'd like you guys to suggest me some games, but i don't want first person shooters. I always thought shooters were better with a mouse and keyboard and nothing will change that.

I was thinking about getting:

UFC undisputed?
                      Fable 2?
                      Red Faction: Guerilla?
                      Forza 2?
                      Midnight Club : Los angeles?

Any help on those games? Feel free to add anything, cheers.
                      First off, make sure it has the newer Jasper chip. Resident Evil 5 is better played with a buddy. Personally I'm one of the few that didn't like it cause I didn't want to depend on the dumb AI or another person.

Forza 3 is around the corner, so you should wait on that. From what I've heard.

Gears of War isn't a first person shooter, and they are pretty good games.

I would try Dead Space. Bioshock(though its a first person).

Comment

Working...
                      X