No announcement yet.

PS3 question

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PS3 question

with FN4 about to come out, i've finally decided to get a ps3. but before i go rushing to buy one, i wanted to ask about backwards compatibility with the ps2. i read only certain ps3s have it but the articles i've read are all out dated so i don't know what the current deal is with them.

so which version of the ps3 should i get? and also do i really need a lot of hard drive space? i don't want to spend more money than i need to.

heres the deal with the ps3

at first they released 40gigs, 60, 80, and 120 i believe.
    it was too confusing and also they had problems with the 40 gig (no backwards compad.)
    and i believe the 60 also doesnt have it.

but honestly im 90% sure all stores only legally sell the 80gb version and up.
    the 40gigs n 60s arent made anymore. the 80 was the original anyways it plays ps2, ps1 games, dvds, bluerays, top notch laser in there.

go with the 80 100%, its the base model, u cant go wrong.

i use to own a 40 which wasnt bad, but since they arent being made anymore, u wont find one in stores. 80 is the way to roll homeslice

Comment

cool beans. the 80gb it is.

thanks.

Comment

The new 80GB model they started making in 2008 doesn't have PS2 compatibility and the 160GB don't have it either. Unless you find a store with stock from before August 2008 the only way your gettin PS2 compatibility is by buying pre-owned.
        Last edited by $partacus; 06-23-2009, 02:19 AM.

Comment

oh. well ****. i'll just have to make that sacrifice then.

Comment

Check out if you can get a pre-owned one.

Comment

of course. i try not to buy from the internet when i'm spending $300+

Comment

Originally posted by punchDrUnK MONK View Post
                heres the deal with the ps3

at first they released 40gigs, 60, 80, and 120 i believe.
                it was too confusing and also they had problems with the 40 gig (no backwards compad.)
                and i believe the 60 also doesnt have it.

but honestly im 90% sure all stores only legally sell the 80gb version and up.
                the 40gigs n 60s arent made anymore. the 80 was the original anyways it plays ps2, ps1 games, dvds, bluerays, top notch laser in there.

go with the 80 100%, its the base model, u cant go wrong.

i use to own a 40 which wasnt bad, but since they arent being made anymore, u wont find one in stores. 80 is the way to roll homeslice
                actually they only started with the 20 gig and 60 gig (60 having the Emotion Engine for BC) They then moved on to the 40 and 80 gig versions (80 having BC via software) Now they only make the 80 and 160 gig models with NEITHER having BC.....

Comment

Working...
                X