No announcement yet.

PS3 question

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by veteran420 View Post
    actually they only started with the 20 gig and 60 gig (60 having the Emotion Engine for BC) They then moved on to the 40 and 80 gig versions (80 having BC via software) Now they only make the 80 and 160 gig models with NEITHER having BC.....
    That sounds about right to me, i have a 60g from when they first came out, its backwards compatible, my friend recently bought an 80 gig, with no BC.

Comment

Originally posted by ardistic View Post
      with FN4 about to come out, i've finally decided to get a ps3. but before i go rushing to buy one, i wanted to ask about backwards compatibility with the ps2. i read only certain ps3s have it but the articles i've read are all out dated so i don't know what the current deal is with them.

so which version of the ps3 should i get? and also do i really need a lot of hard drive space? i don't want to spend more money than i need to.
      I think it would be better to buy a PS2 to play your PS2 games.

Comment

i do. i just wanted the convenience of having one system being able to play both ps2 and ps3.

Comment

Originally posted by Al Coholic View Post
          The new 80GB model they started making in 2008 doesn't have PS2 compatibility and the 160GB don't have it either. Unless you find a store with stock from before August 2008 the only way your gettin PS2 compatibility is by buying pre-owned.
          Yes it does. My 80gig ps3 plays ps1 and ps2 games. I got mine new and in december of that year. So, I dont know what your talkin about, My ps3 is a sexy beast that plays all my games, dvds, and blurays.

Ardistic, get the 80gig. Lots of space so when you start buying games and start installing ****, you dont have to worry about anything. Get a 120gig if you are a big tech nerd that needs a bunch of devices hooked up to your ps3 to have fun.

Comment

Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post
            Yes it does. My 80gig ps3 plays ps1 and ps2 games. I got mine new and in december of that year. So, I dont know what your talkin about, My ps3 is a sexy beast that plays all my games, dvds, and blurays.

Ardistic, get the 80gig. Lots of space so when you start buying games and start installing ****, you dont have to worry about anything. Get a 120gig if you are a big tech nerd that needs a bunch of devices hooked up to your ps3 to have fun.
            Must have been old stock, the 80GB they started making in August 2008 doesn't play PS2 games.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PlayStation_3

Comment

If you live in the states and they still have the MGS 4 bundle PS3 that one is backwards compatible with the ps2 games.

Other than that, your best bet is to get an older model which I wouldn't do as it's second hand and when spending a good amount of money I personally wouldn't get something second hand. It's the added hassle of having to take your console back etc. You risk losing games saves to unless you back files up.

Comment

wtf, they took the BC away!?!?!?!
                sony man, u letting me down

so glad i changed to xbox

Comment

Working...
                X