No announcement yet.

UFC Undisputed = FNR3

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UFC Undisputed = FNR3

The same thing that happened to Fight Night will happen to Unleashed...
    The graphics are great, KO's look brutal but the mechanical feel to it and lack of in-depth controls (bobbing and weaving being one thing), canned animations will get boring quickly IMO...

I'm not "hating" on the game, I'm enjoying the demo... but I can see the resemblance.

Glad I'm not alone, I feel exactly the same way.

I haven't tried it yet, but I heard the career mode is pretty weak sauce too

Comment

yea so far the only thing i really enjoy is the online ranked mode (exept for when you get ridiculously owned enough thought youre dominating the fight) and when youre playing against a friend offline

the rest is just okay IMO and the classic mode is stupid as ****. you have to recreate the fights, they tell you to do **** like win by decision with this fighter against that fighter. WTF you supposed to fight and not try to knock him out ? so at one point you dont hit the opponent cuz you know hes in red and you dont want to knock im out.... !

Comment

Originally posted by TRAVI$ View Post
        The graphics are great, KO's look brutal but the mechanical feel to it and lack of in-depth controls (bobbing and weaving being one thing), canned animations will get boring quickly IMO...

I'm not "hating" on the game, I'm enjoying the demo... but I can see the resemblance.
        Trash the demo. Get the the real game. It's much better. Sure the career isn't the best feature that the game offers but it's still good. Remember that it's not a boxing game so there isn't much bobbing and weaving to begin with. You find that in boxing much more than you do in MMA so I guess that's the reason they didn't focus on it much. Also, I believe you do have a lot of in-depth controls, because unlike in FNR3, when you punch a fighter while they're blocking, some punches can get through. There aren't two fights that are the same because there's always a possibility of the match changing in an instant. Overall, I just think the stand-up in the game is amazing as well as the ground-game.

Comment

UFC is a great game. Every fight is different. FNR4 is good but fights feel repetitive after a while. I've not even touched the demo since geting the UFC demo. I'm getting the full game in couple of hours.

I will buy both anyway.

Comment

So far i'm liking it, the career mode is quite hard, Online is a lot of fun if you play a good opponent, just be careful of those idiots that always try to submit you, so just work on submissions, reversing full mount or know how to get of it and you'll have fun online.

Comment

Originally posted by TRAVI$ View Post

I cant see the UFC out selling FNR4 nore is it as playable IMO !
              The over all fluid movement of FNR4 owns the robotic movement of the UFC game !
              Never mind bobbing and weaving What is a big let down with the UFC game is that you dont seem able to move in and out Fluidly or fight on the back foot like you can in the fight night series...witch is realy un helpful when your hurt and trying to survive to the end of the round !
              You gotta remember how many people have bought and played the Fight Night series over the years !

Comment

nice observation....

Comment

Originally posted by Mrpedigree View Post
                  I cant see the UFC out selling FNR4 nore is it as playable IMO !
                  The over all fluid movement of FNR4 owns the robotic movement of the UFC game !
                  Never mind bobbing and weaving What is a big let down with the UFC game is that you dont seem able to move in and out Fluidly or fight on the back foot like you can in the fight night series...witch is realy un helpful when your hurt and trying to survive to the end of the round !
                  You gotta remember how many people have bought and played the Fight Night series over the years !
                  The fluidity is controlled by a person with a joystick, which makes it destined to look either robotic or ridiculous, and it does.

You're talking to someone who has played the crap out of the FNR4 demo, and while the nostalgic feeling with all of the cameras and the shading looks nice, the character models have oddly shaped bodies. The only thing this game really has going for it is the first day sale and the fact that you can play Tyson.

Comment

Working...
                  X