No announcement yet.

Your top 10 favorite games/series of all time

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The_Bringer View Post
    Think long and hard, you know the drill. Give a brief break down of why if you can.

My top 10 favorite video games/video game series of all time.

1.) Super Mario World - The first video game I ever really got into. Everything about it oozes nostalgia for me, and everytime I play it I feel like a 6 year old all over again from the very opening sequence.

2.) The Legend of Zelda : A Link to the Past - Epic on every level, another eternal favorite of mine that oozes nostalgia. Classic gameplay, exploration and a soundtrack by Koji Kondo that still makes me remember what it was like to cut down bushes for the very first time.

3.) Shenmue series - You either loved them or you hated them. I loved every moment I spent playing them. And it sucks **** I'll never get to finish it the way it was supposed to be.

4.) Metal Gear Solid series - One of the top 5 video game series of all time. You find so much action, story, and depth to these games that they piss on Hollywood's best IMO. Kojima is an artist in every sense of the word.

5.) Ico - What an amazingly original game this one was, so far ahead of it's time and it was recieved with little to no fanfare until it became a rare collectable. A collectable I'm honored to have in my collection.

6.) The Elder Scrolls III : Morrowind - Epic. Just an epic real time RPG that I spent many sleepless nights enjoying. I still remember lockpicking houses late at night, murdering the homeowners and taking all their loot to the next town to sell for spare gold and exploring the numerous hidden dungeons looking for that one last piece of armor to complete a set.

7.) Resident Evil 4 - Everything you could possibly want in an action game, tons of weapons, tons of enemies, tons of upgrades and unlockables.

8.) Super Mario RPG : Legend of the Seven Stars - Who would've ever thought an RPG with Mario would kick so much ass? 12 years later it's still as fun as it was when it debuted.

9.) Shadow of the Colossus - Another game made by the team that made ICO. Just play it if you already haven't.

10.) Super Metroid - Samus Aran, FTW.
    Final fantasy series!!!! a must be.

Comment

Originally posted by Dice View Post
      1. Please tell me you play call of duty high as hell
      2. Did u ever beat the Weapons in FF7
      3. I cant put Sons of Liberty over the First game cuz of the stupid alien story

I used to, call of duty 1 man. I was a ****ing beast. Mostly on the stalingrad map, i would camp the sewer tunnel with grenades an and and finish games with like 250 kills.

Yeah i beat all of the weapons in ff7. The one in the desert is a *****. Was a lot of reload saved game and start again. If i remember correctly i had to use the lucky 7 trick and knights of the round coupled with de double materia and then mimic. I still have the saved game, me and 2 of my best friends spent a whole spring/summer playing that game at my parents chalet. I remember the clock counting game time was stuck, i beleive it's 500 hours of gameplay. I must admit i'm a nerd when it comes to video games.

As for mgs, i don't remember there being any aliens in sons of liberty. But i liked the ending and the story overall. But thinking about it i found a much better recent game that i didn't think about : Bioshock.

Comment

Originally posted by Equilibrium View Post
        I used to, call of duty 1 man. I was a ****ing beast. Mostly on the stalingrad map, i would camp the sewer tunnel with grenades an and and finish games with like 250 kills.

Yeah i beat all of the weapons in ff7. The one in the desert is a *****. Was a lot of reload saved game and start again. If i remember correctly i had to use the lucky 7 trick and knights of the round coupled with de double materia and then mimic. I still have the saved game, me and 2 of my best friends spent a whole spring/summer playing that game at my parents chalet. I remember the clock counting game time was stuck, i beleive it's 500 hours of gameplay. I must admit i'm a nerd when it comes to video games.

As for mgs, i don't remember there being any aliens in sons of liberty. But i liked the ending and the story overall. But thinking about it i found a much better recent game that i didn't think about : Bioshock.
        The alien thing im talking about is when at the end you see the guys faces turn to a skeleton in the codec while talking to Raiden and just lots of weird crap, it was such a hot game and then just completely lost me at the end. Great gameplay tho. Ruby weapon was a lil slut tho, it took me a LONG time to beat him. I used the lucky seven trick to beat Emerald the water weapon.

And I loved Final Fantasy 8 too, I GUTTED that game. My boys always play Call of Duty 4, and they always play high lol hence why I asked u

Comment

I dont know if this is a top 10 but deserves a big ****rable mention..
          This game is extremely underrated and kind of unkown to many..

This game is different than anything I have ever played. such a cool concept!

Indigo Prophecy

Comment

ive heard the last part of indigo sucked balls and basically ruined the game.....

those developers are making a new ps3 game called heavy rain........which feature some crazy graphics.....

Comment

Originally posted by -Hyperion- View Post
              ive heard the last part of indigo sucked balls and basically ruined the game.....

those developers are making a new ps3 game called heavy rain........which feature some crazy graphics.....

there is multiple endings.

Comment

FFVII (VI,Tactics, VIII, IX, X as well)
                Metal Gear Solid (Snake Eater as well)
                Tekken IV
                Contra
                RBI Baseball
                Altered Beast
                NBA Jam
                EVO: Search for Evolution
                Madden 2005
                Mortal Kombat Trilogy

many, many others.

Comment

Street fighter series super brothers mario rpg legend of the dragoon final fantasy 2 3 7 and 10 contra 3 Tekken series donkey kong country lengend of to zelda links past,
                  mega x series crash bandicoot metal gear soild series final fight streets of rage, twisted metal 2, madden series, grand theft auto series, theres alot more but and think of anything else.

Comment

Working...
                  X