Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Confirmed: GTA IV - It IS Better on the PS3!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Confirmed: GTA IV - It IS Better on the PS3!

Sure, Gamoc's blog on Thursday was written mostly from the heart, but this morning IGN's exclusive GTA IV review was posted, and confirms much of what we said two days ago.

The perfect scoring game, with 10s across the board, clearly states that for those wanting to know which version looks better, the edge goes to the PS3. The textures and framerate are comparable, but the PS3 has far less pop-in. -Strike One.

There are framerate hitches here and there and (particularly on 360) there is some texture pop-in, but it actually runs better than I expected' the review goes on. -Strike Two.

The PS3 has better anti-aliasing making it look a little cleaner. Because GTA IV can preload onto the PS3 hard drive, the in-game loads are faster. Don't worry Xbox owners, the load times are rarely more than 30 seconds and don't occur very often. -Strike Three. You're Out, Xbox.

In case you missed all that: The slight visual edge goes to PS3. So there you have it - if you want the most important game this generation, why the heck would you buy it on Xbox 360?

Originally posted by boricua5150 View Post
    Sure, Gamoc's blog on Thursday was written mostly from the heart, but this morning IGN's exclusive GTA IV review was posted, and confirms much of what we said two days ago.

The perfect scoring game, with 10s across the board, clearly states that for those wanting to know which version looks better, the edge goes to the PS3. The textures and framerate are comparable, but the PS3 has far less pop-in. -Strike One.

There are framerate hitches here and there and (particularly on 360) there is some texture pop-in, but it actually runs better than I expected' the review goes on. -Strike Two.

The PS3 has better anti-aliasing making it look a little cleaner. Because GTA IV can preload onto the PS3 hard drive, the in-game loads are faster. Don't worry Xbox owners, the load times are rarely more than 30 seconds and don't occur very often. -Strike Three. You're Out, Xbox.

In case you missed all that: The slight visual edge goes to PS3. So there you have it - if you want the most important game this generation, why the heck would you buy it on Xbox 360?
    Downloadable content, superior online experience.

Comment

It's not like ppl are going to sell their 360's to get a PS3 for the same exact game. This thread is pretty much POINTLESS.

Comment

Originally posted by Stimpy View Post
        lmao. Stimpys right though. Xbox owners get the exclusive downloadable content. And a better online service.

Even my friends who have ps3's are getting it on 360 for these two great reasons.

Comment

hd dvd 50$ ---bestbuy gifts cards........????anyone got theres?

I hadnt heard anyone at all and recently found out people were getting theres as early as the 1st of April.Well I called recently about 2 wks ago and found out my address was for some place I never even lived or have been to. I was planning on getting GTA on release day but now there saying 6-8 weeks again. Anyone else had this problem with BB?I was wandering if anyone had went to the store with a problem like mine and got theres from the store??Thanks

Comment

The same content that will be released on the 360 will be on the PS3. No big deal. Seriously... GTA4 isn't gonna release any 360 xclusives. Sorry to burst your bubbles.

Superior online experience? Lol... As long as you get to play online its all good.

Comment

Originally posted by Stimpy View Post
              Thats why im getting it on 360.

Comment

Originally posted by Undefeated View Post
                The same content that will be released on the 360 will be on the PS3. No big deal. Seriously... GTA4 isn't gonna release any 360 xclusives. Sorry to burst your bubbles.

Superior online experience? Lol... As long as you get to play online its all good.
                It won't be on PS3. MS spent big bucks for it to be exclusive on Xbox360.

Comment

Originally posted by VERSATILE2K7 View Post
                  It's not like ppl are going to sell their 360's to get a PS3 for the same exact game. This thread is pretty much POINTLESS.
                  I agree with this post.. slight visual difference is no biggie.. not to mention ps3 cant compare to xbox online play and there downbloadable content. game, set, match.

Comment

Lol.. Exclusive content on the 360 only? Yea probaly for other games, but not this one. Trust me.

Comment

Working...
                    X