No announcement yet.

Pro Evo 2008

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pro Evo 2008

After playing the New Pro Evolution Soccer 2008 and winning the D2 league, D2 Cup, and D1 League in my 1st two seasons of the Master League, this is not sour grapes, this is one of the most painful admissions Ive made in a long time.

PRO EVOLUTION 2008 IS GARBAGE

Ive been playing it since it came out on ps1, and played it before that when it was International Superstar Soccer, i loved this game, it was a big part of my social life, last year i played 14 seasons with Real Madrid and enjoyed everyone of them, but the beautiful game has been ruined. It's time to admit it, Pro evolution soccer should be banned, its nothing like real football, and im gonna list a numbers of reasons why.

-AI: The players are remarkably stupid, they cannot do basic things like stay in their position, or track their markers, move into space. They are just absolute ****ing dead weight, making sure they stay in position long enough to stop attacks is similar to working in a care home on the night shift making sure Doris doesn't go to the toilet in her knickers.

-Passing: Sloppier than one of Ainsley Harriot's Ready Steady Cook menu's. The passing in this game is a metaphor for life, yes means no, no means not sure, pass left actually means pass right, pass forwards means pass the ball back to an attacker to give him a free run in on goal and score. Seriously, the game should actually come with a compass the passing is so bad.

-Goalkeepers: Im not saying the disabled shouldn't be allowed to play football, but this is too far. This much fumbling should come with a harassment charge Absolutely shocking, every goal is the same sequence

Shot- Fumble- Tap in for COM striker.

No matter what keeper you have, if there is a shot on target, he will either find a way to knock it precisely to an attacker for the tap in, or he will knock it into his own goal or on a special occasion, the ball with just go through him and into the net

Kits: This bit is awful, in the master league you cant choose the kits for two teams before a match, so the computer will often match you with a team in the same colour kits as you, the result is you find yourself imitating Stevie wonder as trying to find your player in one big ****geneous mess, becomes equal to finding the centre of the toilet after a night on the lash.

Referees: The refs in this game are SO realistic, especially in Serie a. When you play any league, be sure to know your ref has already been paid off by the local Don Corleone, so any decisions like the opposition keeper coming off his line and clattering your striker just before he scores, will not be considered a foul. On the other hand, your defender clipping the legs of midfielder results in a straight red card. Match Fixing anyone?

Corners: 1st of all, the camera angles are so bad, on some corners you cant even see you defenders in the box as you attempt to position them to defend the corner. You end up playing a guessing game. Then if the computer is Lucky enough to let you have more than 3 defenders in the box at one time, dont worry, no matter what you press, they wont jump to head the corner away, they'll stand still so that the COM striker can get in between all of them and fire a tame header at your keeper, the header is so tame, the keeper has no choice but to spill it into his own net. Justice, pro evo style.

Computer Cheating: If you go 1-0 up in the game, the COM will then make some amazing things happen, your defenders cant pass properly, your keeper will try to palm every shot into the path of the most remote attacker. Your players may start getting sent off, looking the the COM players the wrong way = a foul, this all culminates down the final added time, if you are winning, its normally 2/3 minutes of added time in which the COM will score two goals, one will be a corner, the other will be a 40 yard shot, parried by your GK into their attacker. If you are losing the game, dont worry about added time, their wont be any.

There are a few other things, i left out for now, but rest assured, Pro evo 2008 should be banned, its pure unadulterated crap which cannot be called a game. Games are enjoyable, this was like being told you need life threatening surgery.....every day of the week.

Pure ****e.

I heard it is terrible on the PS3 but OK on the 360.

I had it last year on the 360 and it was terrible.

This year i got rid of the 360, got Fifa on the PS3 and not looked back since.

Comment

Originally posted by manutd6899 View Post
      I heard it is terrible on the PS3 but OK on the 360.

I had it last year on the 360 and it was terrible.

This year i got rid of the 360, got Fifa on the PS3 and not looked back since.
      Yeah I have fifia on the 360, its awesome this year. Pro whats that?? better gameplay **** off its so basic and slow its untrue. I'm glad people are finally resorting to fifa after that pro evo hype. Who does it have on the front owen and berbatov. WTF?!?! lol

Comment

o

i agree with you on the whole passing element,i think the passing in general is terrible

but i disagree with your keeper remark ive seen the make amazing saves on this whole only ever seen 1 bad error

Comment

**** that, glad I got fifa for the ps3 now. The only **** thing is the menus, and complications of buying/selling players / making your own dream team.

Comment

yep pro evo 2008 sucked......fifa 08 is surprisingly good...

Comment

id likeb to see the penalty scenarios change though

have a power bar etc

Comment

Working...
              X