No announcement yet.

Heavier bag = more punching power ?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heavier bag = more punching power ?

Hi guys, i hope all of u are going good.

My question today is about punching power. A friend told me once that when we punch a more heavier bag we get our wrist and forearms stronger and causing a more blunt power in our fists, is that true ?

What u guys think about it ?

Originally posted by AçaiHeavyweight View Post

My question today is about punching power. A friend told me once that when we punch a more heavier bag we get our wrist and forearms stronger and causing a more blunt power in our fists, is that true ?

It builds ALL of the muscles used for punching when doing it right.
    Be careful though, work hard on a bag that is too heavy for you and you could injure your shoulders...........Rockin'

Comment

Originally posted by Rockin' View Post
      It builds ALL of the muscles used for punching when doing it right.
      Be careful though, work hard on a bag that is too heavy for you and you could injure your shoulders...........Rockin'
      Agree with Rockin here.

Comment

Punching power, it also a core workout.

Heavy bag training is a Plyometric exercise, training a fighter to turn force into power.

Power is being able to apply a force in the shortest amount of time 'The heavier the bag, the more force that needs to be used'.

I would class heavy bag training pretty much as a full body workout, you can even adapt the workouts to work on aerobic conditioning & endurance, lactic thershold , and power etc
        Last edited by PRINCEKOOL; 02-01-2021, 06:31 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by PRINCEKOOL View Post
          Punching power, it also a core workout.

Heavy bag training is a Plyometric exercise, training a fighter to turn force into power.

Power is being able to apply a force in the shortest amount of time 'The heavier the bag, the more force that needs to be used'.

I would class heavy bag training pretty much as a full body workout, you can even adapt the workouts to work on aerobic conditioning & endurance, lactic thershold , and power etc
          Some of those old school Rocky 4 routines, too.

Comment

Originally posted by AçaiHeavyweight View Post

So why not punch a telephone pole?

Comment

Originally posted by Blond Beast View Post
              So why not punch a telephone pole?
              Because I keep knocking the poles down. AT&T hates me, but the Union loves me............Rockin'

Comment

work with a bag, I rather have a too heavy bag than a too light bag.

Work with the bag, vary your power and gauge how hard you can handle and work with that for a while and as your body adjust and your tendons and connective tissue gets stronger (they are different than muscles) you can start hitting harder and harder without being prone to injuries.

Comment

For wrist, tendon, and ligament strength. You can use this

https://www.instagram.com/p/CGb57paI..._web_copy_link

https://www.instagram.com/p/CK40YAVH..._web_copy_link

Comment

use both, a lighter bag will let you know you are pushing your punches and is a more elusive target and will force you to use your feet more as well

Comment

Working...
                    X