No announcement yet.

had my first day at new gym today... perfect first day

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• had my first day at new gym today... perfect first day

me and my buddy signed up to premeir fitness, its a normal gym n ****. weights n tredmils n all that stuff... but it has a boxing club in it as well, and it happens to be one of the top trainers in my town who runs it...

i was gunna join just a basic gym again, but i decided to sign up here, and went for my first day today and was very pleased...

it was PERFECT... we went to the gym around 1230, and the boxing part was DEAD, no one was there... only the trainer alone... perfect time for me to introduce myself and my buddy wanted to get a free demo of the boxing since they do demos there...

so we went in i lead the way, said hey and shook the hand of my new trainer brodi... i told him i signed up for the boxing showed him my paperwork and asked if i wanted to get started now and i said HELLS YES. my buddy got today with me for free... i whipped out my rival gloves and title handwraps and he knew i wasnt playin complimenting my gloves... he likes to train his boxers all together and in rounds... 15-20 rounds, each round is a different thing... for example, first round skipping, second round hitting the pads, third round ab work. etc

he said he will take us through his workout like that and see how far we make it n base us on that...

i wrapped my hands, i did one hand, then he did the other... his style was odd.. he just looped around my wrist TONS and my knuckles a bit.. he said handwraps protect the wrist, your knuckles it doesnt really protect... or meant to protect...

then after my hands were done my boddy didnt get wrapped but we started the work out... round 1 was skipping, which i am the WORST at... the trainer was like tryin not to laugh at us, we were ****in pathetic... i jus jumped, he didnt really say how to skip and i never skipped b4 so i looked bad...

after each 3 minute round the buzzer goes off then we get a minute break, but this trainer was talkative (Which i like..) so some rounds started late or he had to reset clock lol...

round 2 was shadow boxing in the mirrior with 3 pound dumbells, that was sickk, no foot work jus straight punches, it was a good one... i guess he was feeling us out though, tryin to teach the basics or see what we already knew cuz i had told him before the work out that i boxed from home for a few years so i know SOME ****...

round 3 we dropped the dumbells, stayed in front of the mirrior and did lunges, and squats, and this weird ass other ****.. that was the killer for me, by the end of that round i could barely stand , it was awesome...

then round 4 we hit the pads, i was excited for this one... i put on my gloves and went first, through the combos he told me to throw, pushed myself drenched in sweat... i like how he worked the pads, he barked combos quick so it was hard mentally.. and also he did his own footwork to make me move a lot. i was backing up a lot, moving forward n side to side... it was such a good moment, i never have hit pads before and i loved it.

round 5 was pads again... my buddy was dead half way through his first round so the trainer said he could sit round 5 out, but i went again and this time it was more moving around and tons more combos and bigger combos.. i ****ed up a bit in this round, missed one shot... and also forgot combos and had some dead time there... but he recovered the training nicely and jus pretended to rush in and made me reset...

he also used lots of his own like pawing jab and feather light body shots to keep us defensive too. i was in heavan in rounds 4 and 5... we took a long break in between that one, but he asked me if i wanted to go further and i said yea im good

so we went into round 6 which was ab work.... and he made us do some intense ab work outs , tons of ****, i couldnt believe all that **** fit into 3 minutes lol... after round 6 we were DONEEEEEEEEEE, my buddy had enough and i myself was drenched in sweat and needed a break..

it prolly didnt help me and my buddy ran 20 on the tredmill right before it... but im also just not in the best of shape... it was still a GREAT start.. i got to talk about going amatuer.. and i said if i wanted to go whats a realistic amount of time
    and he said earliest is like 6 weeks, and no longer then like a year or 2, so its gunna be a weird road ahead, i just gotta work hard and show i want this.. and ill get to fight...

i cant wait for next time

i
Working...
X