Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Oscar Valdez Knocks Miguel Berchelt Out Cold in Tenth, Wins WBC Title

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Oscar Valdez Knocks Miguel Berchelt Out Cold in Tenth, Wins WBC Title

The Battle for Mexico is almost here. WBC super featherweight world champion Miguel Berchelt and former featherweight world champion Oscar Valdez stepped on the scale Friday, one day before one of the most highly anticipated all-Mexican showdowns in boxing history. (photos by Mikey Williams)

Berchelt is seeking his seventh successful title defense, while Valdez hopes to fulfill a lifelong dream of capturing a WBC world title. After fits and starts, including Berchelt's COVID-19 diagnosis last year, the fight is finally happening.

Berchelt-Valdez and a junior lightweight showdown between Gabriel Flores Jr. and Jayson Velez will air live Saturday on ESPN and ESPN+ at 10 p.m. ET.

Wow! Boxing is picking back up!

Comment

Hell yea two weeks back to back of big fights.

Comment

Comment

Been looking forward to this one. Can't wait.

Comment

This fight and the Chocolatito vs Gallo fight are why I forever will love boxing fucc the haters.

Boxing > life

Comment

Originally posted by Chrismart View Post

Damn how did I miss these episodes, thanks gonna watch and get me ready for the fight!

Comment

this is a great fight. I like Berchelt a lot so I'm not making any noise here considering he's already the favorite. I'm impressed with him. I never understood why there was very little demand to see him and Loma/Tank at 130. Sometimes perceived "sluggers" are easily dismissed against boxers. Berchelt doesn't have great head movement but he has good ring iq, an incredible gas tank, and really solid, consistent power - and he's also big for his weight. I would certainly have more reservations about Berchelt at 135 against guys more his size.

This should be a good fight, I'm looking forward to seeing how Valdez has improved under the Canelo camp.

Comment

WAR Berchelt !!!!!!!!!!!!!!, this fight has the making of a FOTY ....

Comment

Gotta have MB as the favorite due to size and power. But I think OV comes in with the right game plan and outboxes him. If he loses his composure and brawls, it’s lights out for him. I’m gonna go with the upset and say Valdez SD.

Comment

Working...
                    X