Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Wallin: Fights Like This Will Show I Am Worth Of Another Big Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Wallin: Fights Like This Will Show I Am Worth Of Another Big Fight

With all of the major heavyweight belts likely to be tied up through the end of the year, it's up to the remaining contenders to prove who is the best of the rest. Otto Wallin plans to be the last man standing once the smoke clears, as he's among the few heavyweight contenders not necessarily in a hurry to rush into a title shot.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I suspect the WBC belt and probably the WBO belt will become vacant this year....so there’s hope. But yes, Wallin has to win and prove that like Razor Ruddock he isn’t simply a case of a fighter given too much credit for losing well

Comment

Originally posted by Oldskoolg View Post
      I suspect the WBC belt and probably the WBO belt will become vacant this year....so there’s hope. But yes, Wallin has to win and prove that like Razor Ruddock he isn’t simply a case of a fighter given too much credit for losing well
      Before the Tyson fights he had just creamed Bonecrusher Smith & Michael Dokes. He looked like the real deal before the 2 Tyson fights. After those 2 fights his punch resistance was gone. I wouldn’t say he got more recognition for those losses. He was never the same after those 19 rounds with Tyson.

Comment

Originally posted by joe strong View Post
        Before the Tyson fights he had just creamed Bonecrusher Smith & Michael Dokes. He looked like the real deal before the 2 Tyson fights. After those 2 fights his punch resistance was gone. I wouldn’t say he got more recognition for those losses. He was never the same after those 19 rounds with Tyson.
        He definitely was the worse for wear after the first Tyson fight but seemed to recover by the rematch and made it 12 if I remember correctly. I never saw his Bonecrusher fight but did see him land “the smash” on Dokes but I remember vividly everyone thinking Razor was going to wipe the mat with Lennox simply because of his fights with Tyson.
        Good stuff though, always good to speak to someone who has a grasp of the history of the sport going back a few decades

Comment

Originally posted by Oldskoolg View Post
          He definitely was the worse for wear after the first Tyson fight but seemed to recover by the rematch and made it 12 if I remember correctly. I never saw his Bonecrusher fight but did see him land “the smash” on Dokes but I remember vividly everyone thinking Razor was going to wipe the mat with Lennox simply because of his fights with Tyson.
          Good stuff though, always good to speak to someone who has a grasp of the history of the sport going back a few decades
          i remember that too. Many thought that Ruddock would be a handful for Lennox & would probably beat him. The same thing when he fought Tommy Morrison. He dropped Morrison early but then got caught with one of the best left hooks I ever saw used to finish a fight. Ruddock fought on but that was the last world class opponent he ever fought.

Comment

Working...
          X