No announcement yet.

Andre Ward: "Retired or not, I don't believe any fighter can beat me."

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Andre Ward: "Retired or not, I don't believe any fighter can beat me."

Ward was on Max on Boxing and Ward was talking about how he's a first ballot Hall of Famer for a reason and that he still believes he can come out of retirement and beat anyone.

Ward and Kellerman also spoke about the Wilder-Breland-Fury controversies and they both back Breland and say that Wilder is just looking for excuses.

[Content is Protected, Please Register For Free To Unlock This Content]
    Ward
    57.89%
    Canelo
    42.11%

Ward don't have the power to beat Canelo, Canelo will counter him all night his head butting low blows won't work. I think Ward retired to avoid Betterbiev

Comment

Originally posted by Luilun View Post
      Ward don't have the power to beat Canelo, Canelo will counter him all night his head butting low blows won't work. I think Ward retired to avoid Betterbiev
      Ward has / had way too many offensive and Defensive weapons for Canelo. Canelo wouldn't be able to do half the things to Ward that he does to all of the washed up / past their prime fighters he fights. Compare the resumes. Show me how many fighter Canelo while in their prime? And best of all Ward did without juicing LOL.

Strait facts.

Comment

Both intelligent boxers, but I think Ward has the edge in the battle of wits and more in his bag of tricks. I feel like Canelo sticks to a certain formula whereas Ward is more flexible. If Ward were to come back, it'd definitely be a fight I'd want to see. I always did think Ward retired before time.

Comment

Ward won the super 6 he can beat Canelo

Comment

He already lost to Kovalev in the first fight, but politics are politics!

Comment

So Ward has a very high opinion of his boxing skills and fighting ability. I never thought he was that good or p4p the best when he was in his prime. I thought he was a very dirty fighter without many fights who fought about 90% of his fights in his hometown area where he could fight dirty. I thought Kovalev beat him the first fight and Ward won the 2nd fight on a low blows the ref ignored, He can;t make 168 and would have to fight Canelo at 175. I think today's Canelo is better than Ward ever was and ditto for Benavidez, Beterbiev and Bivol, Ward will stay retired and undefeated.

Comment

I think Ward is a great fighter, but Krusher Kovalev beat him. Kovalev was never the same again after that first fight imo.

Comment

Ward has the talent to accomplish it, but I highly doubt he would do it. He's way too calculated to take a risk like that. It's why he didn't fight Kovalev immediately after moving up to 175, and took two warm up fights. No way he just comes back from retirement and "beats" anyone he wants.

Comment

I got Ward but Froch would've beat him in a rematch post-unification Froch. But Ward didn't want to run it back.

Comment

Working...
                    X