No announcement yet.

The problem with Pacquiao’s legacy

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The problem with Pacquiao’s legacy

Is that he does not have a single A+ signature win over a prime opponent. As a Pac fan I gotta keep it real.

Duran beat prime undefeated Leonard.
    Leonard beat prime undefeated Hearns and Benitez.
    Ali beat prime undefeated Foreman.
    Roy Jones beat prime undefeated Hopkins and Toney.
    Floyd beat Pacquiao who was 2 years younger than him.

Those are legendary wins.

Manny has:
    Cotto at 145 coming off loss.
    Past prime Barrera who barely makes top 50 ATG
    Shot to **** Oscar
    Part-time Thurman coming off surgery and lay off
    Controversial wins and KO loss to Marquez
    Bradley and Ledwaba who are good but not legendary

Manny had his chance against Floyd, but came up short in his biggest fight. Blamed his shoulder.

He will end his career with a bunch of B+ to A- wins, but not a single A+ legendary win.

Manny was good, but not that good.

He can change that if he beats Crawford, but I doubt he takes the fight.
    Last edited by Jacobson; 02-13-2021, 07:10 AM.

Can cherry pick everyone's resume.

You thought he would beat Keith ?

Comment

Didn't Oscar drag up Pac and proceed to quit

Comment

Low level troll thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacobson View Post
          Is that he does not have a single A+ signature win over a prime opponent. As a Pac fan I gotta keep it real.

Duran beat prime undefeated Leonard.
          Leonard beat prime undefeated Hearns and Benitez.
          Ali beat prime undefeated Foreman.
          Roy Jones beat prime undefeated Hopkins and Toney.
          Floyd beat Pacquiao who was 2 years younger than him.

Those are legendary wins.

Manny has:
          Cotto at 145 coming off loss.
          Past prime Barrera who barely makes top 50 ATG
          Shot to **** Oscar
          Part-time Thurman coming off surgery and lay off
          Controversial wins and KO loss to Marquez
          Bradley and Ledwaba who are good but not legendary

Manny had his chance against Floyd, but came up short in his biggest fight. Blamed his shoulder.

He will end his career with a bunch of B+ to A- wins, but not a single A+ legendary win.

Manny was good, but not that good.

He can change that if he beats Crawford, but I doubt he takes the fight.
          Pac beating Thurman and Crawford in his 40s while also winning belts in most weight classes ever carries a lot of value.

No Thurman is not an ATG and Crawford likely isnt either bc too few fights and too few quality opponents BUT either guy is risky af at 40+ years old.

If Manny beats Crawford hes Top 5 dead or alive...and thats AHEAD of Floyd

Comment

Originally posted by Beercules View Post

I thought Pac would stop Keith. Please tell me why Keith Thurman is held highly. He was almost KTFO by literal journeyman level fighters in Josesito Lopez and Luis Collazo. He barely edged Danny Garcia and Shawn Porter...and I dont hold either Garcia or Porter in high esteem.

Although Thurman, Porter, and Danny Garcia are among the best WWs today...its a watered down division. None of them have a single decent win.

Porter stopped a shot Malignaggi? WOAH

Danny beat prime Matthyse and that win was impressive at the time but worsened with time...

Danny beat Khan which was impressive at the time and has also aged very poorly...

Thurman beat those guys and...thats it. Nothing that jumps out as impressive

Crawford is a whole different animal. Crawford is undefeated through 3 weight classes, 1 of 2 fighters to be undisputed and lineal at ANY WEIGHT in past 20 years, has among highest KO% at WW, Top 3 PFP for about 5 years, and has never had 1 single close fight in his entire career.

Beating Crawford is a career achievement. For anyone. . .especially a 41 year old part-time retired fighter in his 7th weight class. Thats a goddamn achievement

Comment

Originally posted by #1PaperChamp View Post
              I thought Pac would stop Keith. Please tell me why Keith Thurman is held highly. He was almost KTFO by literal journeyman level fighters in Josesito Lopez and Luis Collazo. He barely edged Danny Garcia and Shawn Porter...and I dont hold either Garcia or Porter in high esteem.

Although Thurman, Porter, and Danny Garcia are among the best WWs today...its a watered down division. None of them have a single decent win.

Porter stopped a shot Malignaggi? WOAH

Danny beat prime Matthyse and that win was impressive at the time but worsened with time...

Danny beat Khan which was impressive at the time and has also aged very poorly...

Thurman beat those guys and...thats it. Nothing that jumps out as impressive

Crawford is a whole different animal. Crawford is undefeated through 3 weight classes, 1 of 2 fighters to be undisputed and lineal at ANY WEIGHT in past 20 years, has among highest KO% at WW, Top 3 PFP for about 5 years, and has never had 1 single close fight in his entire career.

Beating Crawford is a career achievement. For anyone. . .especially a 41 year old part-time retired fighter in his 7th weight class. Thats a goddamn achievement

If Floyd Beat Keith You wouldn't be posting this.

Why doesn't Floyd (clear a side) come out and fight Thurman now?

Comment

Originally posted by Beercules View Post

Has nothing to do with cherry picking. Learn 2 read before posting some dumb response that makes no sense.

Comment

All true. This is the reason Pacquiao fans will straight up lie about how many divisions he's held titles in.

Comment

Pac has beaten a lot of good names. My knock on Pac's career would be he either lost or drew in all of his unification fights, not the competition he faced.

Comment

Working...
                    X