Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Joseph Diaz's Drama-Filled Year With DUI, Management Issues, Losing Title on Scale

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I’m a big fan of Diaz, I’m disappointed he’s lost the belt. Hopefully he still gets the W.

Comment

Originally posted by Squ□redCircle34 View Post
      Undisciplined bastàrd, had the nerve to gloat against Farmer, Diaz needs a scenery change or one day one of his opponents will give him a brutal wake up call an it maybe Rakhimov tomorrow!
      Gloat? He kicked that clown Farmer ass..

It’s JoJo right to proclaim that ass kicking..

Farmer sucks and now hopefully we will never be subjected to seeing him again

Comment

As shady as it may sound, Because GBP lost Canelo, they need their “Mexican stars” to win under DAZN contract. In this case, I don’t know how much of a threat or how much Rakhimov rehydrates to, but Jo Jo could’ve been consulted to just get the W since he’s open about weight drain performance side effects.

Meaning, Jo Jo Diaz, should he win, is a better gamble to GBP and DAZN to face off for the vacant IBF against Ogawa. This benefits boost sales for DAZN Japan. So basically GBP gave leniency to Jo Jo Diaz but he has to win this fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Thuglife Nelo View Post
          Basically this.

A lot of posters have no idea what they are talking about. If we’re talking about the integrity TO KEEP the belt because you’re a fan of Jo Jo is one thing, but if not, this is actually a neutral thing.

I KNOW FOR A FACT that Diaz chose not to continue draining. He said multiple times that his body in particular shriveled like a prune with muscular dystrophy when trying to make weight with GRJ. I’ll take his word for it. Usually with in-house fights fighters agree to non disclosure for rehydration PED use to counter the effects. Take Top Rank with Brandon Rios vs Alvarado. Those guys were morbidly drained beyond what we see today, but because Arum controlled a complete in house event the public doesn’t know about it and the fighters of course like the idea if there no consequence. But when it’s GBP vs Matchroom or GBp vs Haymon (GRJ) you can’t get away with those things.

Think of it like this. It simply means Jo Jo Diaz doesn’t have to regain 3+ for the rehydration. That’s actually cool under the discretion of Jo Jo Diaz. If he wants to perform tip top and give a show he chose this route.

Tbh, I would’ve preferred a defense, but NsB girls complain about weight draining and advantages they don’t know what they’re talking about.
          In some fights, even though they make the official weight, there can be up to 25-pound differential on fight night. That's why most boxers don't like to reveal fight night weight.

I'm excited to see JoJo fight. The other guy might be bigger tomorrow.

Comment

I didn't even know a title was involved or lost!

Comment

Originally posted by Thuglife Nelo View Post
              As shady as it may sound, Because GBP lost Canelo, they need their “Mexican stars” to win under DAZN contract. In this case, I don’t know how much of a threat or how much Rakhimov rehydrates to, but Jo Jo could’ve been consulted to just get the W since he’s open about weight drain performance side effects.

Meaning, Jo Jo Diaz, should he win, is a better gamble to GBP and DAZN to face off for the vacant IBF against Ogawa. This benefits boost sales for DAZN Japan. So basically GBP gave leniency to Jo Jo Diaz but he has to win this fight.
              This comment & your prior Comment make zero sense whatsoever,where do you come up with this bs? Diaz obviously didn't make weight because he wasn't able to regardless of reason,had he been capable of making weight he would've or he wouldn't have scheduled to fight at 130.

Comment

Welcome to 135, after you beat the crap out of this guy. I saw the other guy fight a couple of times, I think JoJo would be too much for him.

Comment

He came from nothing and making it worse. DUIs aren't to be pitied and bad habits are not, having a rough time. He's self destructing from his success. If he didn't have the money, he'd be in the gym.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingIsGreat View Post
                    In some fights, even though they make the official weight, there can be up to 25-pound differential on fight night. That's why most boxers don't like to reveal fight night weight.

I'm excited to see JoJo fight. The other guy might be bigger tomorrow.
                    Definitely. Fans need to know that Diaz has openly expressed detrimental conditions of cramping and couldn’t move after making 126. Perhaps he was really shook trying to drain and said “fook it.” From a business sense, Heredia, his manager, would consult with GBP of the situation. What fans doesn’t realize is the differential as you explained. For instance, Rakhimov is already big for 130. He could be cutting 15lbs easily, so Diaz’s camp said fook it, he’ll be bigger than Diaz anyways. Politics. GBP will do their best to get him another title shot. Ogawa is next in line for vacant dibs. GBP can petition for it. GBP is tight with Teiken Promotions so I can see DAZN liking the idea of Diaz vs Ogawa for the vacant. This benefits DAZN Japan too. Just like David Benavidez, expect the WBC making Benavidez mando for winner of Canelo vs Yildirim despite unification dibs

Comment

Originally posted by kushking View Post
                      This comment & your prior Comment make zero sense whatsoever,where do you come up with this bs? Diaz obviously didn't make weight because he wasn't able to regardless of reason,had he been capable of making weight he would've or he wouldn't have scheduled to fight at 130.
                      You don’t understand the business. $$

Comment

Working...
                      X