Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Joseph Diaz Significantly Overweight For 130-Pound Title Defense Against Rakhimov

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BLASTER1 View Post
    I agree with what your saying about telling the opposition about your weight but you have to consider in many dudes cut weight at the last minute and in terms of telling the opponent well the dude trying to make weight, without a pro dude helping out they always feel like they could shed the necessary pounds anyway possible.
    Yea I get that, but I'm thinking it would encourage guys to get into more accurate weight divisions &/or use less severe methods of weight loss cuz the penalty would be massive to fook up too late in the process. Like lets say its a 20% penalty to give a 24hr heads up, but its a 40% penalty to just come in over. You ain't gonna be coming in over very often or not throwing out a heads up at half price cuz your 1M payday drops to 600k or after taxes your ~630k turns into ~370k. That'd be a painful ass hit.

Comment

That much weight gives him a huge advantage too. All bad.

Cant stand Farmer but assuming Diaz wins I hope they let Farmer fight for the vacant belt.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
        Yea I get that, but I'm thinking it would encourage guys to get into more accurate weight divisions &/or use less severe methods of weight loss cuz the penalty would be massive to fook up too late in the process. Like lets say its a 20% penalty to give a 24hr heads up, but its a 40% penalty to just come in over. You ain't gonna be coming in over very often or not throwing out a heads up at half price cuz your 1M payday drops to 600k or after taxes your ~630k turns into ~370k. That'd be a painful ass hit.
        Certainly i agree.
        But you know the commissions uf its gonna stop money being fed into their pockets its not likely to happen.
        Boxing could well be cleaned up with just a common sense aproach to safety and fairness but thats never been boxings way of doing things aa you are well aware of.
        Do you think Boxing can ever change to be a legit franchise?

Comment

Certainly i agree.
          But you know the commissions uf its gonna stop money being fed into their pockets its not likely to happen.
          Boxing could well be cleaned up with just a common sense aproach to safety and fairness but thats never been boxings way of doing things aa you are well aware of.
          Do you think Boxing can ever change to be a legit franchise?
          LOL no doubt. I don't foresee commissions not taking 50% of the penalty for some reason I don't understand at all. Coming in over doesn't impact the commission at all. They don't gotta do anything extra cuz a guy is 5 ounces or 5 pounds over. The opponent gots to fight a heavier than agreed to guy which puts him in greater danger. Makes zero sense the opponent doesn't get the full amount.

I definitely think boxing changes to a better model eventually, but it'll take a guy or group with a pile of money to come in & take it over & form it in a way that makes actual fooking sense for a change. And its not like it'd be a hard thing to do. Just gotta change things from crazy to logical & like every other league that represents a sport does things. How soon "eventually" comes I'm not exactly optimistic about to be fair. But it makes too much sense for it not to happen sooner or later & there is too much money in play for the person or people who do it.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
            LOL no doubt. I don't foresee commissions not taking 50% of the penalty for some reason I don't understand at all. Coming in over doesn't impact the commission at all. They don't gotta do anything extra cuz a guy is 5 ounces or 5 pounds over. The opponent gots to fight a heavier than agreed to guy which puts him in greater danger. Makes zero sense the opponent doesn't get the full amount.

I definitely think boxing changes to a better model eventually, but it'll take a guy or group with a pile of money to come in & take it over & form it in a way that makes actual fooking sense for a change. And its not like it'd be a hard thing to do. Just gotta change things from crazy to logical & like every other league that represents a sport does things. How soon "eventually" comes I'm not exactly optimistic about to be fair. But it makes too much sense for it not to happen sooner or later & there is too much money in play for the person or people who do it.
            Yer its going to take some Prince from Saudia Arabia or an Russian ogliarch to change it up with their billions of dollars.

Comment

Originally posted by PBR Streetgang View Post
              Disappointing. I guess it's on to 135 for him, 3+ lbs over, I'm assuming his body just stopped losing the weight. He's been fighting at 130 for 2 years so maybe he just outgrew the division.
              Don't forget GRJ schooled him @ 126! He moved up once, and now it's time to move up again? He's gonna get rocked @ 135!

Comment

Originally posted by Satir View Post
                what a piece of chit these mexicans are, always try to cheat
                Also don't forget about the piece of chit blacks like mayweather coming in 4 pounds overweight against Marquez and the other black Tank Davis who has missed weight on numerous occasions. Also the white trash scott quig coming in 5 pounds overweight against Valdez �������� pieces of chits everywhere I guess

Comment

There definitely needs to be a more severe financial penalty for these guys coming in so overweight. **** is getting ridiculous with how often it's happening. You can blame quarantine all you want but let's not act like it hasn't been happening more frequently, even before Covid.

Comment

I had Diaz winning a clear dec but coming overweight I've gone with the, he hasn't had a good camp therefore he could gas and be sloppy.
                    I changed to Rakhimov ko/mid.
                    Blaster might not be a bad idea. He looked a little soft. Rona will continue to cause upsets.

Comment

Originally posted by NC Uppercut View Post
                      Which commission holds that rule?
                      MCC, I don't doubt you, just news to me
                      I know I have seen fights where guys blow weight and it still goes off.. Loma vs Salido for example. I think Salido was 4lb over. Usually they leave it up to the opponent to continue. IBF is a little more strict with their rehydration clauses, etc.

Comment

Working...
                      X