Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Reymart Gaballo-Emmanuel Rodriguez Rematch Ordered By WBC

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Reymart Gaballo-Emmanuel Rodriguez Rematch Ordered By WBC

A disputed outcome in one of the final fights of 2020 will have a chance for redemption or validation in the new year.
    The World Boxing Council (WBC) has ordered an interim bantamweight title fight rematch between Reymart Gaballo and Emmanuel Rodriguez, the Mexico City-headquartered sanctioning body announced on Monday. The two fought on Dec. 19th in a makeshift main event on Showtime, with Gaballo claiming a highly questionable 12-round split decision victory to win the interim title at Mohegan Sun Arena in Uncasville, Connecticut.

[Click Here To Read More]

I think it's probably fully justified... I picked Raymart FTW but I don't think he deserved it... not by a margin. He was pretty much entirely neutralised by Rodriguez and the only reason it was remotely close was that Manny didn't really do a whole lot of effective anything himself.

Good call... much as it pains me to give 'em credit.

Comment

Originally posted by Citizen Koba View Post
      I think it's probably fully justified... I picked Raymart FTW but I don't think he deserved it... not by a margin. He was pretty much entirely neutralised by Rodriguez and the only reason it was remotely close was that Manny didn't really do a whole lot of effective anything himself.

Good call... much as it pains me to give 'em credit.
      This works out best for everyone IMO.

Rodriguez gets the rematch he definitely deserves. Raymart gets the opportunity to erase any doubt. Oubaali faces Donaire in the fight that was originally intended to happen. Then most importantly Mauricio gets two sets of sanctioning fees.

Comment

In my stupid head I thought Leo/Fulton might play out sorrrrta like this. I was afraid Fulton was going to outbox him and move all night while Leo hits air then somehow robs Fulton on cards due to coming forward throwing hands all 12 rounds.

Obviously that's not what happened.

Glad this rematch is happening. I might pick Manny by vengeance KO next time around. He certainly was capable of it just didn't want to risk getting clipped himself.

Comment

Working...
        X