Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Josh Warrington Furious With Xu Can's Refusal To Fight Behind Closed Doors

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Josh Warrington Furious With Xu Can's Refusal To Fight Behind Closed Doors

A frustrated Josh Warrington says he cannot understand why Can Xu did not want to face him in an arena with no fans and has questioned why the Chinese boxer is in the sport if he doesn't want to take a big fight. Warrington, the IBF featherweight champion, has been thinking about a fight with Can for the past year, having been originally supposed the face the WBA's regular champion last June in front of 25,000 fans in Leeds.
    [Click Here To Read More]

well just open the doors then

Comment

Should of stayed with Frank.

Comment

It's about the money Xu Can already signed the contract to fight Warrington in his backyard last year before the pandemic canceled it. Behind closed doors with no fans would be better from a competitive standpoint then 25,000 Warrington fans. He turned it down because without fans in middle of pandemic they are asking Xu Can to fight for much less then he agreed to a year ago.

Comment

Listen bum, Emanuel Navarrete wants all tha smoke. The 'Cowboy' will smash your jaw in front of all those Manchester United fans, you suck.

Comment

Oh i thought it was Josh that didn't want to fight Xu without his leeds fans...

Comment

Xu without trying has got into Josh's head. I really see it that way he is talking about home life being effected, sleep being effecting and all that WHY ? WHY ? I could only guess why, maybe the U.K. is not safe right now in Xu's mind, maybe it has to do with postponments, maybe he thought make him wait (?) shake him up no..... fighters don't do that. Maybe Josh should be or is really agatated with his promoter for not delivering what he promised ? Lot of whys and maybe's.

Comment

Originally posted by 57Blues View Post
                Xu without trying has got into Josh's head. I really see it that way he is talking about home life being effected, sleep being effecting and all that WHY ? WHY ? I could only guess why, maybe the U.K. is not safe right now in Xu's mind, maybe it has to do with postponments, maybe he thought make him wait (?) shake him up no..... fighters don't do that. Maybe Josh should be or is really agatated with his promoter for not delivering what he promised ? Lot of whys and maybe's.
                He's been looking forward to Xu since the end of 2019, and has been training for months. It's understandable that he's THIRSTY for this fight. The pandemic has killed so many boxers' momentum.

Comment

Can wants to get canned in front of people...

Comment

Warrington is treating this Can fight like its a Mayweather fight - dude, so many other options, why stick around for Can? Is it really that lucrative of a fight for him? It's not a legacy definer whatsoever, maybe moreso for Can than Rogan Josh.

Comment

Working...
                    X