Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Arum on Lopez's Options: Haney Doesn't Mean Much, Not an Attraction Like Davis, Garcia

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Arum on Lopez's Options: Haney Doesn't Mean Much, Not an Attraction Like Davis, Garcia

Top Rank's CEO Bob Arum, who promotes IBF, IBO, WBC Franchise, WBO lightweight champion Teofimo Lopez, sees very little worth in doing a match with Devin Haney, who holds the WBC's 'regular' lightweight title. Lopez shook up the sport last year, when he pulled off an impressive twelve round unanimous decision win over Vasiliy Lomachenko to unify the lightweight titles at the MGM Grand's Conference Center in Las Vegas.
    [Click Here To Read More]

It's funny I always considered Garcia the odd man out in this group but yeah Haney has no big win to speak of, Garcia got his by KO. Although I dont consider Davis win over LSC very special, it was a PPV headliner and it was a brutal KO.
    Last edited by jonnyc420; 01-17-2021, 08:59 PM.

Comment

Arum told Devin Haney that he signed with the wrong promoter.

He's going to always freeze him out because of that petty grudge.

Comment

If the gauge point is social media followers: then why doesn't Bob say anything about the fact that Devin Haney has more followers on social media than Teofimo Lopez despite the fact that he doesn't have anywhere near the big win that Teofimo does?

Comment

Not happening, Floyd and Oscar don't give rats ass what Bob wants. They don't need Teo for the money and both know Teo can't make 135 for more than 6 months.

Bob will be forced to open his pockets for the money and find a match within his stable.

Or fight Haney.
          Last edited by factsarenice; 01-17-2021, 10:03 PM.

Comment

Teofimo vs Ryan PPV?

Is that PPV worthy to people?

Comment

Bob trying to spin things to a Loma rematch I feel like. "Can't go to Australia. Devin don't matter. Gotta fight Loma again I guess".

Comment

Originally posted by MPDKSAB View Post
                If the gauge point is social media followers: then why doesn't Bob say anything about the fact that Devin Haney has more followers on social media than Teofimo Lopez despite the fact that he doesn't have anywhere near the big win that Teofimo does?

Teo is more known than Haney. Teo has been seen live more than Haney. The social media following between them is irrelevant

Comment

Its rare that I agree with Arum but he's 100% right here. Haney is the least known among the 3 options and i challenge anyone to argue otherwiae

Comment

Devin Haney has 13 YouTube videos with 1 million+ views. Teofimo has 7.
                    Originally posted by Bronx23 View Post
                    Teo is more known than Haney. The social media following between them is irrelevant
                    I don't agree with this at all.

So social media only matters when it comes to Ryan but not in comparison with Haney & Lopez? If it's irrelevant why is Bob talking about it then?

Comment

Working...
                    X