Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Zepeda-Baranchyk, Fury, Lopez, Alvarez Among 2020 BWAA Awards Nominees

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fight of the year I like Zepeda vs Baranchyk. Nakatani gets the guts/hell of a fighting man award. He went down hard, twice, got his face broke and battered, he sucked all that up and still won. Trainer of the year? The guy who trains Nakatani needs a mention.

Comment

Winners

Fighter of the Year
      No one fought twice, right? If no one fought twice; Teo has the "best" win because of what Loma was purported to be...according to ESPN he was the best fighter in history.

FOTY
      Zepeda vs Baranychnk though I missed Gongora vs Akhmedov

Trainer of the Year
      Derrick James by a landslide, two fighters unified their divisions, one of which is the runaway comeback fighter of the year returning to a championship fight after a horrible accident...

Manager of the Year
      I don't know who most of these people are, isn't Al Hayman a manager? I thought Reynoso was a Trainer, I guess he is also Canelo's Manager?

Courage Award

Idk? Idk how you define that, but I know the winner won't be Lomachenko because he didn't throw any punches for 7 rounds.
      Last edited by elenio; 12-28-2020, 08:58 PM. Reason: Fixed

Comment

Why no Jermell Charlo in any p4p or FOTY discussions by these media pundits and boxing writers it's all agenda base tbh.

Comment

Originally posted by SimpleTouchee View Post
          Why no Jermell Charlo in any p4p or FOTY discussions by these media pundits and boxing writers it's all agenda base tbh.
          Because he does not deserve it.

Comment

Lopez beating P4P #1 Loma is levels above Fury's win over Wilder. He's defo FOTY.

Comment

Originally posted by BillyBoxing View Post
              Because he does not deserve it.
              Well he beat a 25 year old prime fighter Jeison Rosario but it's the way he's talk to the media. But I guarantee you that if that was Brian Castano with 3 titles at 154 he'll be on all the writers and different networks p4p list.

Comment

Well deserved! Congratulations!

Comment

Working...
                X