Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: David Benavidez On Callum Smith: I Expected A Lot More From A Champion

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tokon View Post
    I'd actually suspect that Smith has been training with canelo in the back of his mind throughout this pandemic period. He always talked about this fight and wasn't looking to get any other fights.

It's easy for everyone to say after the fight that Smith maybe wasn't as good as he was rated but my perspective us that canelo was just so much better.

I also think that Smith's lack of any real strategy exposed Gallagher as an elite level coach. It's wasn't that Smith tried to execute a plan and wasn't able to; he just didn't seem to even gave one!
    Lack of strategy? Do we need instruction on how to piss too?

Smith was a champion and has massive size advantage therefore strategy should have been clear to him.

He is just not that good that’s all. I too overestimated him.

And Im not buying that “ not enough training time” nonsense.

Comment

You know what this is refreshing. David is one of my fave fighters when he fights lol and i like the fact hes willing to get back in line.

Comment

short camp for a Euro bum.. bad combination

Comment

Champion in the UK doesn't mean much does it? Paper champions

Comment

This is why I like Benevidez,its refreshing seeing a fighter be as honest as he is.(deep down he'll always be that humble lil fat kid who used to dream about becoming champ when NoBody gave him a chance. He as a teenager used to dream about fighting the best while sparring with the best,& now he might just get his wish,hes willing to earn his shot,thats so rare & shows hes not like most hypejobs willing to fight bums eternally while making excuses for ducking)

I genuinely hope Canelo gives Benevidez his shot eventually (I think he needs a yr or 2 more to gain experience) Benevidez should keep the pressure on Plant 24/7 til he stops talking big & doing nothing. Then if he beats Plant as I expect he'll surely get that payday shot at THE champ
            Last edited by kushking; 12-26-2020, 11:44 AM.

Comment

Benavidez should fight Caleb Plant on Canelo's Cinco de Mayo undercard. That would be a PPV worth buying.

The winner fights Canelo in September.

Comment

It's amazing how Smith not having a jab led to Canelo doing whatever he wanted with impunity. Props to Canelo for completely outclassing him but Smith made it way ****ing easier than it should have been. Hopefully from here on out, whoever is fighting Canelo, learns how to make the jab a weapon. Doesn't even have to be their primary weapon but ****, at least have it as part of their arsenal.

Comment

These Smith Brothers are TRASH, no wonder Canelo beats on them, there are two others out there
                  Last edited by MrShakeAndBake; 12-26-2020, 12:49 PM.

Comment

The advantages smith had in height and reach, I never really looked too deep into, mainly as Callum has always fought like he’s short. Bends his knees way too much and gives away any height advantages he has.

The apparent lack of head or upper body movement blew me away. What is it with lots of fighters nowadays? It’s like they totally disregard these things. As if there not worth mastering and applying on fight night. He literally just holds up his hands, absorbed big shots and made no effort to really slip or try riding punches.

I just feel Callum is another victim to Hearns building of careers. It’s never done properly. It’s insane. Beating groves, and fighting Ryder ain’t anywhere enough preparation for Canelo. I sensed a cash out soon as fight was made, but out of respect To smith didn’t say that.

Callum is TOUGH and he took his L. Deep down he knows his arm and the weight aren’t the reasons he lost. Still felt very underwhelmed with his performance though. Is Canelo Really that GOOD?, Or is Smith Really that BAD?

Comment

Originally posted by BoZz View Post
                      Champion in the UK doesn't mean much does it? Paper champions
                      Sausage eating beer drinking champion, made In Germany, brewed in MEXICO. This is you my friend, CONGRATULATIONS.

BORUSSIA DORTMUND ARE TRASH. BAYERN MUNCHEN ARE THE BEST.

Comment

Working...
                      X