Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Spence: I Stunned Danny Garcia, But Never Felt KO Was There

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by revelated View Post
    I'm not disagreeing.

But remember, both Vargas and Broner took 4 rounds each off Manny.

Guys that can take more than 2 from The Greatest Offensive Fighter cannot by definition be bums.
    —————

It doesn’t matter what they were able to do. It’s the fact that there better and higher ranking WW that Manny could have fought BUT instead chose to pick irrelevant guys.

Today we have Crawford and Spence as the top guys at WW.
    Now imagine either of them fighting Santiago Dominguez or Rashidi Ellis or Thulani Mbenge (ranked 13th, 14th and 15th by the WBC).
    Or Alberto Palmetta (ranked 6th by the WBA or Sergei Lipinets (ranked 3rd by the IBF).

All those are WW. Would you think those were good opponents for the two top WW?
    If your answer is NO then how are you ok with Broner, Mathysse etc for Manny?

Comment

• Originally posted by Oregonian View Post
      —————

It doesn’t matter what they were able to do. It’s the fact that there better and higher ranking WW that Manny could have fought BUT instead chose to pick irrelevant guys.

Today we have Crawford and Spence as the top guys at WW.
      Now imagine either of them fighting Santiago Dominguez or Rashidi Ellis or Thulani Mbenge (ranked 13th, 14th and 15th by the WBC).
      Or Alberto Palmetta (ranked 6th by the WBA or Sergei Lipinets (ranked 3rd by the IBF).

All those are WW. Would you think those were good opponents for the two top WW?
      If your answer is NO then how are you ok with Broner, Mathysse etc for Manny?
      Let's be fair.

Ellis and Lipinets, being at least ranked, would be better for Crawford than unranked Brook.

Comment

Let's be fair.

Ellis and Lipinets, being at least ranked, would be better for Crawford than unranked Brook.
        ————

And I would agree with you 💯 but you are digressing from my question regarding Manny fighting guys that either weren’t WW or ranked in the top 10

Comment

————

And I would agree with you 💯 but you are digressing from my question regarding Manny fighting guys that either weren’t WW or ranked in the top 10
          Yes I did.

If we agree those two would be good opponents for the #1 P4P, surely guys like Broner and Vargas were good enough for Manny, right?

Comment

Yes I did.

If we agree those two would be good opponents for the #1 P4P, surely guys like Broner and Vargas were good enough for Manny, right?
            —————

I see what you did there. Here’s the thing, unless Crawford fights Spence or Porter in his next fight, he is clearly guilty of ducking them to fight easy guys.
            And that’s akin to what Manny did

Comment

—————

I see what you did there. Here’s the thing, unless Crawford fights Spence or Porter in his next fight, he is clearly guilty of ducking them to fight easy guys.
              And that’s akin to what Manny did
              I'd be okay with him fighting Keef or Ugas. Or Virgil Ortiz.

Spence isn't happening, not as long as they (BoMac/Crawford) think they deserve 50/50. Or Crawford demanding 60% or no fight. He wants A-Side money. Great - let him fight a top guy other than Spence and he can demand that.

That's why I wish he would just fight Keef. Keef is coming off a loss but nobody would call him a bum. It would be an asterisk win but still better than the ghost of Kell Brook. That's all I'm saying.

Comment

I'd be okay with him fighting Keef or Ugas. Or Virgil Ortiz.

Spence isn't happening, not as long as they (BoMac/Crawford) think they deserve 50/50. Or Crawford demanding 60% or no fight. He wants A-Side money. Great - let him fight a top guy other than Spence and he can demand that.

That's why I wish he would just fight Keef. Keef is coming off a loss but nobody would call him a bum. It would be an asterisk win but still better than the ghost of Kell Brook. That's all I'm saying.
                —————

Once again I agree with you 💯
                Keef or Ugas would be a step up for Bud.
                These guys are available and so is Porter but Crawford keeps looking for a way out.

See, my thing with PAC is I know PAC could have beaten the guys he didn’t fight when he should have and I know Arum is mostly to blame.
                Two, PAC is always going to be the A side unless he’s fighting Floyd.
                Crawford is not the A side despite his P4P moniker and it’s the reason Khan got $5 million to fight him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Drew Bundini Br View Post
                  There is NO ducking. Spence is smart. Spence can get much more $$ and worldwide acclaim fighting and beating Pac. Pac has a country behind him that will pay for the fight. Crawford will still be around and especially if he doesn't re up with Arum and signs with Haymon's PBC.
                  That's not smart at all. If this continues boxing suffers big time. There's a reason I'm not on here much anymore. The fights we want almost never happen.

Nobody goes back to watch Floyd vs Pac and they waited so damn long to make the fight there was no chance to run it back and all kinds of excuses for how it went.

Comment

Working...
                  X