Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Amanda Serrano: In 2021, I Want To Become Undisputed Champion

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Amanda Serrano: In 2021, I Want To Become Undisputed Champion

Well, if Amanda Serrano is looking at her Wednesday fight in the Dominican Republic against former opponent Dahiana Santana with a glass half-full approach, she could say at least she's missing the snowstorm about to hit Brooklyn.
    [Click Here To Read More]

She wanted to try it in the stables.. So I said yes! Lol.

Comment

Listen....until Eddie Hearn does something to even the playing field as far as those corrupt judges....I wouldn't even entertain a Katie taylor fight if I'm Serrano. Either that or go to 3 minute rounds.....if its a 3 minute rounder....TAKE THAT FIGHT....she can KO Katie taylor on just grit alone.

Comment

Boricua181

Amanada Serrano is the real deal in female boxing. She has won championship titles in 7 weight divisions. Those belts are the following: 115 WBO, 122 WBC, 126 WBO, 130 IBF, 135 WBO, 140 WBO, from three boxing organizations. Four of the titles were vacated by the reigning champions Raja Amasheh 115 / 22-1-1 (4KO's), Sabrina Perez 118 & 122 / 17-1-1 (2 KO's), Ana Esteche 140 / 14-6-3 (2KO's), to avoid/duck, defending their titles against Amanda Serrano. Although Heather Hardy was undefeated at the time 22-0 / (4KO's), she still found it necessary to take steroids when she fought Amanda Serrano for the 126 WBO vacant title. So if anyone is ducking, or trying to get an advantage legal or illegal it's Serrano's opponents. She's had to settle for a rematch against an opponent she's already knocked out, in order to stay busy. Two other fights fell through due to the pandemic, and then to a visa issue. Although most of her titles have been won from the WBO, which is based in Puerto Rico. She is based out of New York, and of a record 38-1-1 / (28 KO's), she's fought 25 X United Sates, 10 X Dominican Republic, 3 X Puerto Rico, 1 X Switzerland, and 1 X Argentina. The WBO might be giving her more opportunities, but she's earned those opportunities. Her record says it all, and she's won those titles in which she was given the opportunities. Moreover she usually wins her fights by knockout, whether there's a title at stake or not. She's a true professional in every sense of the word, her name has never been involved in any scandal. She is a great fighter, role model, a positive representative for the sport of boxing, and the pride of Puerto Ricans around the world. Many are looking forward to her fighting Katie Taylor, which would be the biggest fight that can be made in women boxing. I believe she'll win a title in 2021, unify, and then her team will try to negotiate the anticipated fight between Serrano, and Taylor.
        Last edited by Boricua181; 12-16-2020, 11:35 AM. Reason: added content to my original post.

Comment

Originally posted by Fighter78 View Post
          Listen....until Eddie Hearn does something to even the playing field as far as those corrupt judges....I wouldn't even entertain a Katie taylor fight if I'm Serrano. Either that or go to 3 minute rounds.....if its a 3 minute rounder....TAKE THAT FIGHT....she can KO Katie taylor on just grit alone.
          Amanda Serrano's promoter has to be very careful when dealing with Eddie Hearn. He's always is looking for any, and all advantages for his fighters. Serrano's team already said that they're willing to the short of of 60/40 purse, but they won't settle for anything less. Which is more than reasonable, but if she's still going to England for the fight she better go for the knockout. I don't see her winning a decision over there at all. They should have tried to make the fight in Madison Square Garden, or at Barclays Center, even in Las Vegas.

Comment

Articles like this saying all the crap they want is like watching the U.S. elections unfold. A big pack of ****ing lies. Getting tired of this ****! Is there not values anymore with one's own word? At least and I mean very least, we should expect it unfortunately. I guess it's another bad example of how boxing and politics follow the same giidelines. What a shame there isn't a push for honesty anymore.

Comment

serrano has been taylors no1 target for years, they did everything they could to get her into the ring even offering her full pay in a pandemic!!! & she said no, she can go back to doing tv work, shes a diva

Comment

Originally posted by Phill lynott View Post
                Articles like this saying all the crap they want is like watching the U.S. elections unfold. A big pack of ****ing lies. Getting tired of this ****! Is there not values anymore with one's own word? At least and I mean very least, we should expect it unfortunately. I guess it's another bad example of how boxing and politics follow the same giidelines. What a shame there isn't a push for honesty anymore.
                Originally posted by Songbird View Post
                serrano has been taylors no1 target for years, they did everything they could to get her into the ring even offering her full pay in a pandemic!!! & she said no, she can go back to doing tv work, shes a diva
                Offering an 80-20 split is insulting. Serrano deserves much more than that.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
                  Offering an 80-20 split is insulting. Serrano deserves much more than that.
                  serrano was due to get as far as i can see 300k and i doubt very much taylor was getting over 1 mil for that fight, it was going to be held in the uk with no crowd and taylor actually took a paycut to give serrano her full fee, this is well documented and serrano admitted she was offered full fee. I dont think taylor has even come close to a 1 mil payday.

Comment

Just look at who she is fighting, a 7 weight champion, rematching a girl that she KOed in one round. �� Turned down 400k to fight Taylor, hope she doesn’t get that fight with Taylor again, the female Wilder. Let her fight jokes like this for 20k that she is used to...

Comment

Working...
                    X