Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: ESPN's Shakur Stevenson-Toka Kahn Clary Tripleheader Averaged 1,550,000 Viewers

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Puerto Ricans deserve the credit for the rating, Berlanga and Verdejo.

Very good ratings and good job on Top Rank for putting on a one two punch before the eventual snoozer in Stevenson.

Comment

Originally posted by kidbazooka View Post
      Lol

Berlanga brought in the views most left when Shakir started stinking the joint again.
      I mean any opening bout would have received the highest rating as it came straight off the Florida fball game. But Berlanga has a solid following for a young fighter for sure.

Comment

Definitely cared more about the first two fights than I did about Stevenson’s.

Comment

Hopefully Stevenson can stay out of future trouble and rise to the star that he can be. He's an exciting fighter to watch and is very young in his career.

Footnote: Berlanga contributed to the viewers also. His first round KO streak is all everyone was talking about.

Comment

Those are really good ratings for ESPN

Comment

Those numbers don't really seem much different than when HBO had good fights on. Which tells me that the people who tune in to watch boxing...are boxing fans.

Comment

It looks like the fight card really benefited from football fans that are also boxing fans that were already tuned into the LSU/Florida football game. I think everybody wanted to see if the Brooklyn kid could starch another opponent in the 1st round so a lot of people stayed around to watch it, a small sacrifice especially if it ends early. Then you can tell people that hung on for that 1st fight, dropped off for the 2nd fight. But I am surprised that viewership didn’t spike back up after the 2nd fight for the Shakur fight or at least hover around the same viewership after 2 straight fights ended with a stoppage. Probably Shakur’s fighting style. People are getting used to it. Still not a bad showing overall for each fight on ESPN. But I think the numbers & viewership was inflated a little by the football game.

Comment

That's great......now if we can just stop this kids war on pizza delivery drivers maybe we could see if he really has what it takes......I do think he's better than Devin Haney though.

Comment

Originally posted by Ricardi View Post
                    Forreal if Berlanga keeps knocking people out his fanbase will become huge, he will deff become the money fight . Hopefully this makes it easier for Top Rank to find the money to get better opponents.
                    See....this is the PROBLEM. The only way Berlanga keeps knocking people out in the first round is if he keeps facing pool boy apprentices....he's not even facing real pool boys lol....this is exactly how Deontay wilder got started

Comment

Wonder what the numbers would have been without the Nakatani / Verdejo bout?

Comment

Working...
                      X