Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who wants to see a Fury/Joshua fight in April in the Middle-East?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who wants to see a Fury/Joshua fight in April in the Middle-East?

..... rather than seeing Joshua/Usyk in April and Fury/Wilder3 at the same time, then the winners facing off in late summer in a proper event with full attendance?

I think we can wait one more fight for each before the big one, can't we? 3/4 months is FA and flies by.

What do you guys think? Fury/Joshua next or both having one more fight leading into the undisputed?

Nah, have it next and a rematch later in the summer, don’t waste time with pointless fights in between.

Comment

What’s the point in waiting?

Wilder got annihilated by Fury. Who needs to see it again? The only chance Wilder had was against the 50% Fury the first time.

Usyk needs a few decent wins at heavyweight to build up any excitement of him fighting one of the top guys. Let him win the vacant WBO and defend it in some decent fights and then it builds him better too.

Makes no sense to delay it

Comment

Originally posted by Armchairhero View Post
        Nah, have it next and a rematch later in the summer, don’t waste time with pointless fights in between.
        It won't be for undisputed then..... Usyk won't step-aside and wait for them to fight twice.

Kind of goes against Joshua and Hearn's rhetoric the last few years.

I don't get the rush..... I think they can both fight early next year and get it on in the Summer.

Comment

Originally posted by deathofaclown View Post
          What’s the point in waiting?

Wilder got annihilated by Fury. Who needs to see it again? The only chance Wilder had was against the 50% Fury the first time.

Usyk needs a few decent wins at heavyweight to build up any excitement of him fighting one of the top guys. Let him win the vacant WBO and defend it in some decent fights and then it builds him better too.

Makes no sense to delay it
          How does it not make sense to wait until the pandemic regulations ease and get more fans in attendance? (more money).

Struggling to wrap my head around that POV.

Comment

Originally posted by Vinnykin View Post
            It won't be for undisputed then..... Usyk won't step-aside and wait for them to fight twice.

Kind of goes against Joshua and Hearn's rhetoric the last few years.

I don't get the rush..... I think they can both fight early next year and get it on in the Summer.
            Usyks only been a heavyweight for about 3 months , dont see how he could possibly derail 1 of the biggest fights this century . The one everyone has been waiting for .

Comment

Originally posted by Vinnykin View Post
              How does it not make sense to wait until the pandemic regulations ease and get more fans in attendance? (more money).

Struggling to wrap my head around that POV.
              Depends where the fight is I guess

All signs point to it being in the Middle East. I don’t know what the Covid restrictions will be there in a few months time, but even if it is in the middle east, it shows the fans aren’t really important to the show anyway.

Cant blame them for taking that Saudi money though.

Comment

Just make the big fight.

If the WBO want to play silly devils, AJ can drop the belt and the winner of Usyk/Joyce can pick it up out of the bin.

Personally I think they'll fall into line, the organisation isn't known as the "Warren Boxing Organisation" for nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by *Makaveli* View Post
                  Usyks only been a heavyweight for about 3 months , dont see how he could possibly derail 1 of the biggest fights this century . The one everyone has been waiting for .
                  Because he's mandatory

Comment

Originally posted by *Makaveli* View Post
                    Everyone knew he was going to HW over 2 years ago, before the Bellew fight.

Joshua losing to Ruiz already pushed that mandatory back, and his inactivity.

Enough is enough.

Comment

Working...
                    X