Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Teofimo Lopez: I'm The 'A' Side Against Tank Davis, No Matter What Floyd Says

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He will always duck Davis. he might as well fight Haney.

Comment

Originally posted by Fire4231 View Post
      Nope not the A-Side... you can earn it Teo but you aren’t there against Davis.

Bottomline where are your PPV’s at? Beating Loma is the starting point but you don’t have the financial record to compete as the A-side. And if you start fighting nobodies at Top Rank that will not help. If you want the a-side don’t announce it go out and earn it.
      Floyd already knows Teo is on the way to way larger stardom than Floyd, has been.... Teo brings better fight style than Floyd, has more charisma, treats people better, speaks better and can read!

Comment

no buzz around this guy, they said he would become a star beating Loma but he hasnt, everyone saw that he was babying by the ref, the bigger, stronger guy was being protected by the ref and judges hoping he is the next big thing, and at the end nobody realy cares about his next fight lol

Comment

Stank was too scared to fight Loma for the longest time. Teo swooped in there and stole his thunder.

Stank B-side. Deal with it.

Comment

Lopez is right Tank could have fought Davis but Mayweather never wanted it.

He dont want Lopez Mayweather, i think Tank would fight who ever.

Shame Mayweather is doing this 5 years for his first big fight since being champ is a disgrace.

Comment

I like Teofimo Lopez but let’s be

Honest here! Teofimo beat a much smaller guy also that was coming up, who could still make Featherweight so let’s not get carried away with the win. It was the first time Lomo had to fight a bigger guy who was stronger, hit harder and was just as fast plus younger and confident, so when you look at the factors here it’s a no brained. Gervonta is a whole different level! This isn’t a gimme for either guy so my thoughts is make sure all the money right because both of you still are early in your careers.

Comment

Originally posted by boogbx View Post
                Between him and Davis he is the A-Side and more proven fighter the fucc are you talking about?
                What I am talking about is how boxing works. A-side is the money maker.

Not the one shouting it to the boxing media. And it isn’t who is the most proven today.

If Terrence Crawford attempts to fight Manny Pac Man Pacquiao, Manny would be the A-Side. TC would be the favorite. He would also be P4P number one. However Pacquiao is the financial draw.

That is Davis right now. Not saying Teo can’t earn it but he is going to have to finish his rise as a draw. His name is getting out there but until further notice he is not selling like Davis.

Maybe you are thinking outside of business about who would be the boxing writer’s favorite going into the fight?

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
                  You're right, but it's really wack because Teo was used to sell Crawford tickets, etc., then Bob puts his big fight on ESPN for free! It doesn't matter because the fight is not happening! Teo can't stay @ 135 after this Kambosos fight! He'll go fight the winner of Ramirez vs. Taylor!
                  That’s real bro, he has the talent to go where ever he wants in the sport. But I question if Top Rank has the vision. They are so concerned about spending less that they hang young fighters out to dry because they don’t want to promote anymore and now they don’t even want to pay good competition. I think Teo will be a star but it will take him forcing fights like he did with Loma. But Kambosos can’t be his new level of competition.

Comment

A-side and B-side are decided when boxers fight. A-side is the side that gets more money.

Fury-Wilder, Joshua-Fury are 50/50 fights moneywise, so no A or B side.

If the fight is not there, then really there's no A or B side. We can speculate who would have been the A side, but it's not the same.

To everyone saying Tank brings the dollars - so far Tank is like Adrian Broner before the Malignaggi fight. Who's to say he won't turn out the same as Broner?

Comment

Originally posted by Curtis2 View Post
                      Floyd already knows Teo is on the way to way larger stardom than Floyd, has been.... Teo brings better fight style than Floyd, has more charisma, treats people better, speaks better and can read!
                      Lol... what does Floyd have to do with this? What part of my comment mentioned Floyd?

Bro... Teo is not going to earn more than Floyd unless two things happen... he leaves Top Rank and someone finds a way to shut down fight streaming.

Now I am not going to debate Floyd at the beginning of his career with Teo. I like both fighters. I also like Davis whom we should be talking about.

Sounds like you just got a little thing for Floyd? Just saying? Thought it was typo but then you kept saying Floyd’s name.

Bro Floyd has a massive fan base don’t run fans away from Teophemo becoming his Stan.

Keep his fan intelligence hi by always making adequate sense. Teo will be a star but you can’t put him there because you like him best. Don’t create another Loma false legend. Was a big fan of his before the media mythology.

Comment

Working...
                      X