Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Leo Santa Cruz: I'm Fighting This Fight For My Family, For My Dad

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Leo Santa Cruz: I'm Fighting This Fight For My Family, For My Dad

Almost all boxers fight for their families. Leo Santa Cruz is even more motivated than usual to do that Saturday night in San Antonio. The four-division champion wants to pull off an upset versus Gervonta Davis first and foremost for his dad.
    [Click Here To Read More]

War Leo!!!!!!

Comment

Win lose or draw I'm sure Papa Cruz will be proud of Leo after this fight. Leo has trained the hardest ever for his first PPV and part of the reason he's taking this fight IMO is to try to gain the respect of the fans that have called him out for not fighting Rigo and Russell.

Comment

Gonna be a GOOD fight.

I'm buying

Comment

Yes Leo we get it. Fact is you took this fight for the money. Everyone knows this isn't a PPV fight, the entire card is trash in fact. There will be some suckers willing to pay for a mismatch as always.

Comment

Gervonta is a helluva boxer. And a helluva puncher who can punch right through your guard. Leo is humble warrior with high volume, lots of stamina. And he also appears to be punching very hard at the moment. He looks razor sharp. His chin has always been sturdy in tough fights. This is a great fight

Comment

Not a great fight, but compelling. The Tank weight issues, and Leo growing some pop. Tank is a monster at 130, Leo is monster hunting.

Comment

Originally posted by jonnyc420 View Post
                Yes Leo we get it. Fact is you took this fight for the money. Everyone knows this isn't a PPV fight, the entire card is trash in fact. There will be some suckers willing to pay for a mismatch as always.
                Not for nothing but doesn’t every fighter take every fight for the money?

Comment

This Tank isn't going to be the same1 that fought Gamboa but he's still Tank. Leo has to walk into that storm and weather it. Absorb his best early and jab that belly. Tank won't be the same after 7 but Leo has to make it there. Fun mesh of styles.

Comment

Originally posted by just the facts View Post
                    Not for nothing but doesn’t every fighter take every fight for the money?
                    Correct but most go in with a belief of victory as well, not just to be a "big" name on someone else's record. He knows he can't hurt Porky, he knows he doesn't have the physical attributes to win this fight. He is here for what is probably a career payday at this point. Tank is a LW fighting a much smaller man because he needs a confidence boost after being exposed vs Gamboa. The power isn't hurting LWs the disadvantages he faces from now on are gonna prove he is AB 2.0. This is a sham and if you are defending it or paying for it you are a joke.

Comment

Working...
                    X