Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo Lawsuit: Contracts And Statement Of Arbitration Ordered By Court

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Al Broker View Post
    I said the court will review all contracts: Canelo to GBP. GBP to DAZN.

Just because Canelo doesn't have a contract DIRECTLY with DAZN doesn't mean DAZN is off the hook with Canelo Alvarez. Any promotion, advertising, relation from DAZN profiting off Alvarez has to have consistency and justification with their contract with GBP. Canelo will receive some partial damage from earnings. I'm sure of it. It may not be much, but I'm sure the judge or jury might have doubt towards GBP and DAZN that they were playing the part in acting suspect.
    yeah no question. i expect him to be free from both within a year

Comment

I wanted to see what those contracts said. Too bad they are going to be filed under seal due to "confidentiality."

They always hide their dirt with confidentiality clauses.

Comment

Sounds like GBP is about to get hoe’d out again in another lawsuit.

Comment

All this because he doesn't want to fight GGG a 3rd time lol

Comment

Originally posted by Oldskoolg View Post
            If ever there was a lesson to boxers to stop singing with promoters in a manner where the promoter has the deal with a network (or crappy app) and the boxer himself isn’t entitled the the money first it’s this one. Canelo doesn’t have a deal with dazn, DLH does. Canelo works for Oscar and not vice versa. Boxing promoters are corrupt organised crime figures. Boxers should be paying the promoters and not vice versa, especially at that level.
            Better yet, all boxers with a name who bring in considerable income and ratings....be your own promoter as the pbc fighters have learned
            Crappy App? You seen the fight they aired yesterday from Mexico. Fight of the year candidate. They always putting on good fights.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
              This is the first bit, let the court see the contract that GBP signed with DAZN on behalf of Canelo. Then that arbitration bit that they put in the contract, I mean if GBP knew that then why didn’t they communicate that to Canelo?
              Oscar did not sign a contract on behalf of Canelo. He signed a contract on behalf of Golden Boy and even now has kept the details secret from Canelo. He is clearly double-dealing with a conflict of interest in that he used Canelo as leverage to get DAZN to stream fights for his other fighters. I hope that Canelo gets free from that snake and either promotes his own fights or goes with another promoter.

Comment

Originally posted by Oldskoolg View Post
                If ever there was a lesson to boxers to stop singing with promoters in a manner where the promoter has the deal with a network (or crappy app) and the boxer himself isn’t entitled the the money first it’s this one. Canelo doesn’t have a deal with dazn, DLH does. Canelo works for Oscar and not vice versa. Boxing promoters are corrupt organised crime figures. Boxers should be paying the promoters and not vice versa, especially at that level.
                Better yet, all boxers with a name who bring in considerable income and ratings....be your own promoter as the pbc fighters have learned
                Amen to that!

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing-1013 View Post
                  All this because he doesn't want to fight GGG a 3rd time lol
                  There are 5 levels of stupidity. My guess is that your number is 4, but I will let you decide. Pick a number!

Comment

Originally posted by Verus View Post
                    There are 5 levels of stupidity. My guess is that your number is 4, but I will let you decide. Pick a number!
                    Oh really, so why is he suing to get out of the contract?

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing-1013 View Post
                      Oh really, so why is he suing to get out of the contract?
                      He is suing to get out of his contract?

He is suing because DAZN and GBP’s business practices affected Canelo’s earnings for 2020, and DAZN shot themselves in the foot because if true (per sources) they’re not good in situation in how they justify “premier” fights. The discretion vs subjectivity vs professional or ideal matchmaking will go into question.

Canelo fans like to see belts on the line or Championship fights; BJS or Smith - yet they weren’t approved as “Premier” fights. So those fights bring money with subs. Can DAZN prove to the public that Canelo vs YouTuber brings more money than Canelo vs Champion?

Comment

Working...
                      X