Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo Lawsuit: Contracts And Statement Of Arbitration Ordered By Court

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quick scenario: a business signs a contract and revenues turn out to be are less than expected. People expect that business should be made whole by ignoring their obligation. Shoe on the other foot: a business signs a contract and revenues turn out to be greater than expected, do people expect that business to reimburse the consumer for the excess revenue? Much of the debate here is silly.

Comment

Canelo wants to do a Mayweather move and promote himself probably. I wonder if he would take the biggest challenges out there if he did that. That's not knocking Canelo too much, he has fought some of the best opponents. I'd like to see him fight two or three of these guys, Bivol, Charlo, Beterbiev and Benavidez.

Comment

Sounds fu#ked up from the start. I always thought Canelo was directly involved in the DAZN contract, but his name isn’t even in it? The contract is between GB and DAZN?

DAZN wants, “premier” fights. Wtf does that mean??? Every fight has to be a barn burner on paper? That hasn’t been the case and will not be the case. If a fight isn’t a premier fight, then GB gets a reduction in pay, therefore reducing Canelo’s earnings?

Sounds like Canelo would be better off on another network. I never liked DAZN to begin with tbh.

Comment

Originally posted by T.M.T View Post
          DAZN ****ed up by dealing with goldy and the cherry 🍒 picking crybaby clenelo. 🥊
          He tried fighting Charlo and Plant both turned him down. He also had an agreement with Andrade if Kovalov fight fell through even though DAZN told him he'll no.

I know your a casual emotional fan so carry on. I take bets doe. And gladly separate a fool from his money.

Comment

This is the first bit, let the court see the contract that GBP signed with DAZN on behalf of Canelo. Then that arbitration bit that they put in the contract, I mean if GBP knew that then why didn’t they communicate that to Canelo?

Comment

the real beef is with coke head oscar. he made deals behind canelos back. but thats what u get for doing business with a sexual deviant

Comment

Originally posted by 2ndroundko View Post
                canelo doesn’t have a contract with dazn, gbp does. and that’s why he won’t get his money but he’ll be free from both.
                I said the court will review all contracts: Canelo to GBP. GBP to DAZN.

Just because Canelo doesn't have a contract DIRECTLY with DAZN doesn't mean DAZN is off the hook with Canelo Alvarez. Any promotion, advertising, relation from DAZN profiting off Alvarez has to have consistency and justification with their contract with GBP. Canelo will receive some partial damage from earnings. I'm sure of it. It may not be much, but I'm sure the judge or jury might have doubt towards GBP and DAZN that they were playing the part in acting suspect.

Comment

If ever there was a lesson to boxers to stop singing with promoters in a manner where the promoter has the deal with a network (or crappy app) and the boxer himself isn’t entitled the the money first it’s this one. Canelo doesn’t have a deal with dazn, DLH does. Canelo works for Oscar and not vice versa. Boxing promoters are corrupt organised crime figures. Boxers should be paying the promoters and not vice versa, especially at that level.
                  Better yet, all boxers with a name who bring in considerable income and ratings....be your own promoter as the pbc fighters have learned

Comment

So I guess this means “no American takeover”?

Comment

Originally posted by Oldskoolg View Post
                      If ever there was a lesson to boxers to stop singing with promoters in a manner where the promoter has the deal with a network (or crappy app) and the boxer himself isn’t entitled the the money first it’s this one. Canelo doesn’t have a deal with dazn, DLH does. Canelo works for Oscar and not vice versa. Boxing promoters are corrupt organised crime figures. Boxers should be paying the promoters and not vice versa, especially at that level.
                      Better yet, all boxers with a name who bring in considerable income and ratings....be your own promoter as the pbc fighters have learned
                      GBP made a deal with DAZN just like Matchroom USA is to DAZN. DAZN gave GBP a multi-year contract. I'm willing to bet that there aren't specifics for Saul Alvarez in the GBP DAZN contract. Saul Alvarez looks good in any scenario. In theory that's what would justify the ''500 mil'' multi-deal.

Keep in mind that DAZN didn't retract yet promoted off their own website and alliances that Canelo made a ''multi-year biggest deal...'' contract with DAZN. Therefore how do they explain that in court? that it was meant by their contract exclusively with GBP, that it was a consolidated marketing tactic? If DAZN acknowledges that in court, that's where Canelo Alvarez gets justification for his claim. Isn't this obvious? lol. The court doesn't care if Saul Alvarez was naive. What's in question is GBP and DAZN business practices marketing Saul Alvarez. I thought fans would see this..

Comment

Working...
                      X