Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Chavez Jr: Ref Told Me He Would Disqualify Cazares - Then Scorecards Came!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the details guys.

Originally posted by paulf View Post
    Chavez is the biggest punk in the history of boxing for quitting with that tiny scratch on the side on his eye, but on the real Cazares should have had more points taken and maybe DQ'd for the holding. There's a way to hold a lot and make it natural looking, and then there's the was Cazares does it; just like Marcus Browne, who should be DQ'd in pretty much all his fights. Just jumping into a guy and bearhugging him, often causing bad cuts.

Chavez was in against one of the stylistically ugliest boxers you could be in against. As I said above, similar to Marcus Browne when it comes to the holding/fouling. Chavez got a tiny scratch on his eye and then quit, thinking he would get the decision.

Originally posted by revelated View Post
    Headbutt, Chavez got cut over the eye, clearly an intentional headbutt. Cazares made Jeff Horn look like a Boy Scout.

Chavez talks to the doctor and the ref about the cut, goes to the cards, Chavez loses.

It was the exact same thing as what happened to Jamel Herring. Exact same circumstances. I thought it should have been called a DQ.

People here think he asked the doctor to stop it.

Comment

I don't like Chavez, but truth be told:

Chavez did not quit. It was the Doc who stopped the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by eco1 View Post

Nope, he indeed quit, cause he said in an interview "If I had known they were gonna stop the fight with me losing on the cards I would've continued"
        meaning he tried the easy way out and ended up failing

Comment

Feed him to Beterbiev and Artur will force him with his might to retire!

Comment

Originally posted by Vlad_ View Post
            I didn't watch that fight because, honestly, who the hell cares about Chavez Jr... But what did I miss exactly, besides the fact that the clown lost?
            It's on YouTube Chavez looked like garbage and got thoroughly outworked he barely won a round. Absolutely disgraceful effort he is done.

Comment

Originally posted by eco1 View Post

Chávez told the doctor to stop it.

Comment

Oh that Chavez Jr, how he cries.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
                  Oh that Chavez Jr, how he cries.

Ricardo Mayorga needs to come back and throw an orange at him.

Comment

Jr doesn't jab and is too heavy on his front foot. He needs a lot of technical work but he just thinks he can blast ppl out with power shots so that's how he goes about his work. Only nacho could fix such a dumb thinker, but then again, he wouldn't listen

Comment

Originally posted by revelated View Post
                      Headbutt, Chavez got cut over the eye, clearly an intentional headbutt. Cazares made Jeff Horn look like a Boy Scout.

Chavez talks to the doctor and the ref about the cut, goes to the cards, Chavez loses.

It was the exact same thing as what happened to Jamel Herring. Exact same circumstances. I thought it should have been called a DQ.

People here think he asked the doctor to stop it.
                      Umm he did ask for the fight to be stopped. Watch the video. He then looked to his Daddy repeatedly for his approval for being a quitter.

Comment

Working...
                      X