Jermell Charlo vs. Terence Crawford

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by just the facts View Post
    Serious anti Charlo agenda at work.
    Charlo got outboxed by Tony Harrison. He was getting outboxed badly by John Jackson. Hell Cota was up 2-0 on him before he got stopped. But somehow he is supposed to box with Crawford, who is pfp top 3 as a boxer in any sane man's list?

You gotta stop being such a fanboy and just be a fan of the sport man. It's eating you up.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing-1013 View Post
      Charlo got outboxed by Tony Harrison. He was getting outboxed badly by John Jackson. Hell Cota was up 2-0 on him before he got stopped. But somehow he is supposed to box with Crawford, who is pfp top 3 as a boxer in any sane man's list?

You gotta stop being such a fanboy and just be a fan of the sport man. It's eating you up.
      Again, serious anti Charlo agenda. Fanboy? Tell us again how much you love ggg.

Comment

Can't argue with anything I said, so you cry and cry and cry. Jermell is explosive and powerful but he can't box very well. Crawford is an elite boxer. Where's the lie?

The Charlos are great athletes and OK boxers. They are not SRL, Duran, Hearns or Hagler. They can and should be critiqued.

You must be getting paid to fawn over these two like this. If not it is absolutely pathetic.

Comment

I've said it before, I think GGG underperformed relative to expectations vs Canelo both times, Jacobs and Derevy. I still think he won all 4 fights, 3 of them clearly. Overall I have nothing too bad to say about GGG in those four fights. When you win it is hard to really criticize someone.

In all 4 of those fights as well, I have nothing bad to say about the opponent as well though. Any time you win 4+ rounds in a 12 round fight, you are doing some good things and are deserving of praise. It means it is a fairly competitive fight. Just like how I don't criticize Jermall with his fight with Derevy. He showed he was right there on his level, how could I criticize one without getting on the other as well?

I actually let what I see dictate how I feel about fighters. You should try it.

Comment

Hallmarks of an objective fan of the sport:

Critiques but doesn't namecall, also gives credit where due - 'Smith got beaten badly tonight. It wasn't even close. Ryder deserved that win for sure. Smith either had an off night or is getting too big for the division, maybe a bad matchup, idk. But he did not win this one.'

Hallmarks of fanboys:

Namecall fighters, never criticize their guy, always criticize the 'other' guys, and their guy always wins if at all posssible - 'Andrea Ward; Pacroid; Fraudweather; Lil G etc;

'First Ward Kov fight was close, could have gone either way; Lil G sucks; Pac-tard, he is not even close to Floyd all-time; Dillian Whyte would crush chicken legs Wilder.'

You are part of the 2nd crew. I'm part of the 1st. Have a nice day

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing-1013 View Post
              Hallmarks of an objective fan of the sport:

Critiques but doesn't namecall, also gives credit where due - 'Smith got beaten badly tonight. It wasn't even close. Ryder deserved that win for sure. Smith either had an off night or is getting too big for the division, maybe a bad matchup, idk. But he did not win this one.'

Hallmarks of fanboys:

Namecall fighters, never criticize their guy, always criticize the 'other' guys, and their guy always wins if at all posssible - 'Andrea Ward; Pacroid; Fraudweather; Lil G etc;

'First Ward Kov fight was close, could have gone either way; Lil G sucks; Pac-tard, he is not even close to Floyd all-time; Dillian Whyte would crush chicken legs Wilder.'

You are part of the 2nd crew. I'm part of the 1st. Have a nice day
              Before you go breaking your arm patting yourself on the back. You are hardly an objective person. It’s just that simple.

You never have given a straight answer, what’s the root of your anti Charlo agenda?

Comment

Before you go breaking your arm patting yourself on the back. You are hardly an objective person. It’s just that simple.

You never have given a straight answer, what’s the root of your anti Charlo agenda?
                I don't have one lol. I thought Jermall beat Korobov 7-5 or maybe it was 6-6. His win over JRock was a great KO and the win looks somewhat more impressive over time, especially with JRock beating Hurd. He is a very explosive dangerous athlete, but his boxing skills are not top quality. He had a close fight with Dervy in my view, that was 6-6 or 7-5 to Dervy. No shame in that. Basically did what Jacobs and GGG did. (And Culcay.)

Jermell is seemingly regressing a bit as a boxer, but he is developing his own dangerous style with great explosiveness and power as well. The next guy he faces who can take a shot and box some though, will beat him, as Harrison proved that one night, and was on his way to proving again. I think Lara would still beat Jermell now and unless he hurts Lara or scores a KD I don't think he would win a round.

Not hate, they have a lot of great attributes as I mentioned. You must be getting paid to defend them like this. Only reason I can think of as to why you are so emotional about all of this.

Comment

Working...
                X