No announcement yet.

Even if Povetkin loses, he should stay around

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interesting.

Carnelo fails a PED test = gets castrated, NSB refuses to acknowledge his #1 status over it.

Fury once failed a PED test = gets castrated, NSB keeps bringing it up.

PEDvetkin fails multiple tests including one before a Wilder fight = NSB applauds this man and wants him to keep fighting.

Can't make it up.

Comment

Originally posted by Mammoth View Post
      Yeah, why not? Heavyweight is pretty weak anyway...
      Yes, if old crew retires, it will be even worse.

Comment

Let’s see how he performs first as when you get older it can sometimes only take one fight to look old. His previous performances have not been ones suggesting he should retire just yet though.

Remember how poor Klitschko was against fury but then came back in much better shape two years later versus Joshua - I know he retired then but there are many other examples.

Comment

Originally posted by revelated View Post
          Interesting.

Carnelo fails a PED test = gets castrated, NSB refuses to acknowledge his #1 status over it.

Fury once failed a PED test = gets castrated, NSB keeps bringing it up.

PEDvetkin fails multiple tests including one before a Wilder fight = NSB applauds this man and wants him to keep fighting.

Can't make it up.
          Not sure what NSB was?

But Povetkin was cleared for the wilder fight, it was agreed that the substance was taken while it was still legal to take.

The second one , which I think was a year later from memory - was a substance which didn’t quite make sense - body building I think - and was a minimal quantity that may not have had an impact. There is obviously always a shadow cast now but personally I like to give people the benefit of the doubt - it’s not like the Miller situation.

Canelo and Fury have been allowed just to get on like it never happened to be honest, Whyte has had a lot more stick on here - it’s more down to the opponent and people using it as a reason to talk about it to suit their narrative than anything else

Comment

Originally posted by Kezzer View Post
            Not sure what NSB was?
            Non-Stop Boxing

Comment

There’s still decent fights out there for him if he still wants to fight, even if he loses this. I think if he loses has to accept the fact is not going to be getting title fights against Fury and Joshua but still plenty of fights he could have, against the likes of Usyk, Chisora, Ruiz, Wilder, Parker, Pulev Ortiz etc..

But he’s 40 and has made decent money and realistically won’t be able to compete at the top level if he can’t beat Whyte, I mean he couldn’t even beat Hunter in the last fight. Depends how much desire he has to still be a fringe contender or eventual gatekeeper.

Comment

Originally posted by Kezzer View Post
                Not sure what NSB was?

But Povetkin was cleared for the wilder fight, it was agreed that the substance was taken while it was still legal to take.

The second one , which I think was a year later from memory - was a substance which didn’t quite make sense - body building I think - and was a minimal quantity that may not have had an impact. There is obviously always a shadow cast now but personally I like to give people the benefit of the doubt - it’s not like the Miller situation.

Canelo and Fury have been allowed just to get on like it never happened to be honest, Whyte has had a lot more stick on here - it’s more down to the opponent and people using it as a reason to talk about it to suit their narrative than anything else
                A fully loaded PEDvetkin was allowed to brutally KO Johann Duhaupas in an unsanctioned fight (because he was suspended) with NO drug testing. Damn near killed the man.

There's no equivalency here, bro.

Comment

Working...
                X