Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Juan Manuel Marquez (2012) vs. Terrence Crawford (2020)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SugarRayCurtain View Post
    Marquez is overrated, goes life and death with guys like Juan Diaz and almost lost to a washed up barerra. Hes a good fighter but apart from beating pacquiao hes not really that great. Hes a good counterpuncher but lacks hand speed and agility, something Bradley exposed.
    I totally agree with everything you are saying. Marquez whined so much everytime he lost people started to believe it.

Comment

I'll take Crawford,to many tricks for the legend..He better not get into a slugfest tho..That would favor JMM,who imo is one of the best counter puncher in the history of the sport..

Comment

Originally posted by Rome-By-Ko View Post
        I'll take Crawford,to many tricks for the legend..He better not get into a slugfest tho..That would favor JMM,who imo is one of the best counter puncher in the history of the sport..
        Crawford would finish Marquez. Marquez got hurt in almost every big fight he was in. Crawford is fast , accurate and just donw right a good finisher. Plus with testing it isnt even close. Marquez couldnt roid up to take shots and punch harder.

Comment

Originally posted by RomanReigns View Post
          The Version of Marquez who put Prime Pacquiao to sleep vs the Current Terrence Crawford who KO'ed Kavaliuskas. Can Crawford out box the legendary Marquez? Or Marquez would also ktfo Crawford???
          Pity thats not a prime marquez though

Comment

Originally posted by SugarRayCurtain View Post
            Marquez is overrated, goes life and death with guys like Juan Diaz and almost lost to a washed up barerra. Hes a good fighter but apart from beating pacquiao hes not really that great. Hes a good counterpuncher but lacks hand speed and agility, something Bradley exposed.
            Bradley was not the only one to expose it tho,John exposed it first.. Overrated tho,can't get behind that..I don't believe there is a world in which you can say JMM is overrated..

Comment

Roids help you recover and Marquez always seemed to take beatings in his big fights except Barrera. HMMMM! He had a strong will, and was super competitive.

Comment

Originally posted by Fangedgrowl View Post
                Crawford would finish Marquez. Marquez got hurt in almost every big fight he was in. Crawford is fast , accurate and just donw right a good finisher. Plus with testing it isnt even close. Marquez couldnt roid up to take shots and punch harder.
                I don't know about JMM and roids has that been proven and I missed it..I don't believe Crawford is knocking out JMM,and I love Crawford..Like I said tho I seen Crawford buckled by lesser punchers then JMM..He does not want to get into a slugfest,not in his best interest imo..

Comment

Originally posted by Rome-By-Ko View Post
                  I don't know about JMM and roids has that been proven and I missed it..I don't believe Crawford is knocking out JMM,and I love Crawford..Like I said tho I seen Crawford buckled by lesser punchers then JMM..He does not want to get into a slugfest,not in his best interest imo..
                  Crawford drills Marquez trust me. It would be a late round stoppage after a beat down. Marquez couldnt get alot of clean shots on Crawford and he would get hit from angles like Pacquaio hit him, but Bud is a bigger puncher with one punch than Manny,

Comment

Originally posted by Fangedgrowl View Post
                    Crawford drills Marquez trust me. It would be a late round stoppage after a beat down. Marquez couldnt get alot of clean shots on Crawford and he would get hit from angles like Pacquaio hit him, but Bud is a bigger puncher with one punch than Manny,
                    While I agree Bud would win,he would have to stick to his movement,and become overly aggressive..That would automatically open him up to JMM counter punching ability..All in all prime for prime I think this would have been a nice fight..

Comment

Originally posted by bluebeam View Post
                      Bud by decision.

Similar to the bradley fight.

Marquez has trouble with athletic fighters
                      It’s not about athleticism, it’s about agility that somehow alot of black fighters have

Manny was athletic

Comment

Working...
                      X