Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Leo Santa Cruz To Spar Welterweights To Prep For Gervonta Davis' Power

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Leo Santa Cruz To Spar Welterweights To Prep For Gervonta Davis' Power

Although Leo Santa Cruz will stand two inches taller than Gervonta Davis when they meet Oct. 24 on Showtime pay per view, Tank will be the thicker fighter who'll be packing the more powerful and thudding punch. Santa Cruz (37-1-1, 19 KOs) is already fully envisioning the damage Davis (23-0, 22 KOs) can deliver, so he is looking to dial it up a notch during training.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Providing Tank can make weight I dont see Leo winning this fight. He gets hit way too clean way too often to survive the distance.

Comment

What a huge mismatch...and on PPV during a struggling economy and pandemic!! Old past it, pillow-fisted LSC doesn’t stand a chance...just another cherry for hype-job Stanks padded record!! Wish he would grow a pair and face the elite! Like Floyd said “ Tank not ready for Loma”...Until Loma is 40!!!!!!!!

Comment

The weigh-in is what's going to make me buy the fight. If Tank makes 130 ill buy it. If he blows up and fails then wont.

Comment

The only x factor in this fight will be if Davis can make 130 without hurting himself. If he can, leo is being sacrificed to get ko'd in order to try and make Davis a ppv star. Leo has been saved and steered away from true threats so that this cash out can happen. Boxing is a dirty business.

Comment

I dont know, I find it to be an interesting bout. Although in no way could I see LSC getting a stoppage win here but let's see how the fight goes. Leo throws a lot of punches, love that volume but Tank has that power and when he connects, it will be interesting to see how LSC will react to those harder punches

Comment

Sounds like a good idea.

I don't think Leo goes the distance

Comment

Leo doesnt have enough zap on his punches to make tank respect him. Takes confidence will grow when he realizes leo's pillow puffs wont hurt him

Comment

Joke of a fight can’t believe PBC and Mayweather promotions tried to shove this mismatch down our throats for the last 2 years. Davis always will fight smaller older fighters coming up to weight for one last payday to make him a star haha

Comment

Floyd is trying to have tank follow the same blueprint he did: Fight popular but beatable Hispanic fighters (Mostly Mexicans) to draw big numbers. The Mexicans go hard for their countrymen whether the odds are in their favor or not. And beating their guy often causes them to tune just to see Tank lose in future bouts just like they did with Floyd. Hence why they were trying to fight Abner Mares & now Leo. 9 of Tanks last 10 opponents have been Hispanics the exception being Liam Walsh from the UK.

As for this fight, if Leo can take Tanks power he can win on volume. I could see some scorecard f-ckery if the fight goes 12 and Tank manages to drop Leo at some point

Comment

Working...
                    X