No announcement yet.

Bernard Hopkins: Canelo Expected to Fight John Ryder in September

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bernard Hopkins: Canelo Expected to Fight John Ryder in September

I'm fine with this fight. Ryder performed well vs Callum Smith and many felt he should have gotten the decision. With Derevyanchenko going the Charlo route, this fight seemed more likely.

Feel sorry for Lemieux. But I guess at this point GBP can’t deal with purse drama. Besides, Lemieux somewhat derailed the original Ryder fight, so Ryder deserves the shot.

Comment

Canelo’s time at 168 has been fighting british C level domestic fighters.

I expect Ryder to get hit with a hydration clause too, since Fielding had one.

Comment

Not bad, he should have gotten the decision against the big bad Callum smith everyone said Canelo was scared of before that

Comment

I'm good with this one, probably about the best that could be expected in current circumstances. Let's hope it comes together. I'd definitely suggest John would need to think about getting over to the US ASAP and having camp over there to maximise the chances of this one actually happening.

Comment

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
            Canelo’s time at 168 has been fighting british C level domestic fighters.

I expect Ryder to get hit with a hydration clause too, since Fielding had one.
            Too salty man, too salty! Lol, well after this fight and assuming things get back to somewhat normal in 2021, he should be getting a titleholder or big name in May.

Comment

Saunders should just **** off now.

Comment

This is laughable. I love ryder and have been a fan since before he was robbed agaisnt fielding but he clearly lost to Arnfield and knocked out agaisnt blackwell, british level fighters. Im happy hes likely getting a big payday but it was more about callum smith being a hype job than ryder being world level. And canelo agaisnt another british level fighter after fielding, for a guy in his prime years is pathetic

Comment

Not the most glamorous of matchups but I’ll be buzzing for Ryder if he gets this fight. I doubt he’ll win but I do think he’ll do far better than many people expect.

Comment

I like it and really think Ryder deserves it.

Comment

Working...
                    X