No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Ryan Garcia vs. Emmanuel Tagoe - WBO Eliminator Ordered

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JcLazyX210 View Post
    That doesn’t say much in today’s boxing.
    Yeah but it's how fighters get discovered if they work their way up the rankings then they earn the shot that's how it's always been if that wasn't the case then we would have never seen some fighters in the past pull off upsets and go on to have decent careers.

I'm ok with either fight he just needs to fight these are eliminators so they would be in line for a title shot I'd prefer the Campbell fight because he's more known and battle test and I have never seen Tagoe fight but if he is in the rankings then he deserves his shot too.

Comment

Originally posted by Unidentified View Post
      I would much rather the Campbell fight.
      Ryan Garcia would probably much rather become Lomachenko's mandatory than Devin Haney's.

Comment

Originally posted by JakeNDaBox View Post
        Tagoe is a legit Top 10 contender and hasn't lost since his pro debut 16 years ago.
        Exactly, and for those saying Tagoe is a can, these are the 2019 Ring ****zine rankings from 2019:

Vasiliy Lomachenko, Champion

Teofimo Lopez
        Devin Haney
        Richard Commey
        Luke Campbell
        Robert Easter Jr.
        Ryan Garcia
        Javier Fortuna
        Emmanuel Tagoe
        Rances Barthelemy
        Yvan Mendy

The Boxrec ratings have Campbell and Garcia at #8 and #9 respectively while Tagoe is at #29 (which is still a step up from his previous opponents)

I would prefer the Campbell fight also but it's still a title eliminator which gets Garcia closer to a title shot, which gets him closer to facing elite competition.

Comment

tagoe

this dude is not that good go to youtube and look at some of his fights best win is over moses pulas and some russin guy fought a lot guy with mess up records goldenboy will go alfter him he fits the bill 3 or 4 inches shorter then ryan not a hard puncher boxing not **** the fighter we would like to see him fight luke c. both with daza

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
            Ryan Garcia would probably much rather become Lomachenko's mandatory than Devin Haney's.
            You're right, a loss is a loss I guess. If you're going to get washed, may as well get washed thoroughly...

Comment

King vag...I...na

Comment

You're right, a loss is a loss I guess. If you're going to get washed, may as well get washed thoroughly...
                More money in a Lomachenko fight.

Comment

More money in a Lomachenko fight.
                  More money and he gets to avoid Linares. Not alot of fighters get an opportunity to get that premium wash...

Comment

More money and he gets to avoid Linares. Not alot of fighters get an opportunity to get that premium wash...
                    So fighting Lomachenko means he's ducking Linares? I thought you ducked someone by looking for an easier opponent not a harder one.

Comment

So fighting Lomachenko means he's ducking Linares? I thought you ducked someone by looking for an easier opponent not a harder one.
                      The WBO route is a much easier route. He doesn't have to go through anyone of note to get a chance to get washed in a title fight. I respect his hustle, but let's call it what is.
                      Last edited by Unidentified; 07-06-2020, 05:21 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X