Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Ugas vs. Ramos Ordered For Vacant WBA "Regular" Welterweight Title; Winner To Face Butaev

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why do they overhype and protect this " Cuban "? I use the quotations because they are not considered Cuban anymore in their country of birth.

Comment

Originally posted by revelated View Post
      Exactly. The WBO is meaningless, first of all.

Second, it's a damn shame. Crawford can't even get a B-level PBC opponent because of his unrealistic demands. The man will retire unfulfilled or pull a Mikey to get out the Top Rank contract.

I think he's happy enough with millions to fight lesser op.

Smoke and mirrors.
      I definitely feel Crawford wants those fights. Something tells me he's sorta in the middle where he's not complaining about being paid (as none of Al's guys aren't either) BUT he I think he was promised the Pacquiao fight where in a win would've made HIM to go-to Welterweight. He mentioned it in a recent interview when he was asked about fighting the PBC Welters. He makes the point of having been in the ring w/ PBC fighters (Molina & Diaz) but obviously lower level. It's once the NAMES became the focal point is where it got difficult to make being all those guys are practically fighting within their bubble (like Bob did with Manny). The Ugas fight would've been good but I seriously don't know another fight anyone is going to care about that doesn't include one of the PBC Welters. He's in a really tough spot but I also don't see the urgency from Top Rank to get him those fights.

Comment

Working...
      X