Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Crawford: I'm By Far The Best at 147, Fight With Spence Will Be a Chess Match

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by revelated View Post
    Well, you're half right.

It IS his fault he had to toss a low blow to deal with a guy who's supposed to have a glass chin and who was a year removed from almost dying in the ring courtesy of full middleweight Carnelo's counterpunch. Completely damaged and tentatively jabbing (and landing), yet Crawford in frustration could only get rid of him with a blatant low blow.

Meanwhile, Danny Swift took half the time to spark a fresher, less damaged version of Khan out.
    Im not even gonna refute you statement, you’re 💯 correct

Comment

Originally posted by Oregonian View Post
      ———-

A “washed up Khan”?? Khan was garbage from the get go.
      Mmm that’s debatable, he looked untouchable against devon alexander and zab judah and malignaggi

Comment

As others on NSB will gladly tell you, "prime" has nothing to do with age. It has to do with damage.

When Khan fought Prescott he was not damaged. He was unrefined and got caught not paying attention and put to hard sleep.

But let's be clear here. The ONLY two people to do that were Prescott and Carnelo.

Swift had him on ***** street but not asleep. Peterson wobbled him, Chino wobbled him, Algieri wobbled him.

Chino was getting his ears boxed off and got dropped hard before that one round where Khan was in serious danger. Very few fighters can say they put Chino down legit.

Now, which of those names had you NOT heard of prior to the fight?

You'd heard of all of them. Why? Because Khan faced names.

Now, contrast that with Kavaliauskas before he wobbled and dropped Crawford. You hadn't heard of him, didn't know who he was, probably didn't waste money on the fight thinking it was another bum.

CUT YOUR BLINDERS OFF.
        This is about one thing: Terence Crawford getting handled by a complete unknown who happened to be faster than him, and resorted to Crawford holding and hitting (illegal).

You take ANY fighter with even remotely similar speed to Kavaliauskas, Crawford struggles. Period.

Khan - the version that dropped Chino - happened to be one of those guys with speed enough that Crawford gets tested.

THAT IS NOT AN ENDORSEMENT OF KHAN. THAT IS A CRITICISM OF THE FACT THAT IT TOOK 6 ROUNDS AND AN ILLEGAL SHOT FOR THE SO-CALLED "#1 P4P" TO TAKE OUT A GUY PEOPLE THINK IS A BUM BECAUSE OF ALL OF THE DAMAGE HE'D TAKEN.

Get it?
        ———/

Like you, I am NOT endorsing Crawford.
        So I take it in your eyes, the Garcia stoppage was the wrong call because Khan would have recovered and gallantly fought back and beaten Garcia because, as always, Khan was winning until he got caught, right?

So that version of Khan that you rave about (don’t they all), why didn’t he fight Crawford then? Let me guess, Crawford waited for Khan to lose?

More important, and I am going to use your own words

“THAT IS A CRITICISM OF THE FACT THAT IT TOOK 6 ROUNDS” - well, it took 6 rounds for Canelo to destroy Khan. Canelo is considered a top 5 P4P so he must really suck since it took him 6 rounds to “take out a guy people consider to be a bum”, no?

Comment

Originally posted by MxicoFistology View Post
          Mmm that’s debatable, he looked untouchable against devon alexander and zab judah and malignaggi
          ————-

Because Malignaggi and an old Zab are considered the barometer test for Khan’s “greatness”?

You know, Calzaghe also looked spectacular and untouchable against Roy Jones so ..,

Comment

———/

Like you, I am NOT endorsing Crawford.
            So I take it in your eyes, the Garcia stoppage was the wrong call because Khan would have recovered and gallantly fought back and beaten Garcia because, as always, Khan was winning until he got caught, right?

So that version of Khan that you rave about (don’t they all), why didn’t he fight Crawford then? Let me guess, Crawford waited for Khan to lose?

More important, and I am going to use your own words

“THAT IS A CRITICISM OF THE FACT THAT IT TOOK 6 ROUNDS” - well, it took 6 rounds for Canelo to destroy Khan. Canelo is considered a top 5 P4P so he must really suck since it took him 6 rounds to “take out a guy people consider to be a bum”, no?
            You're emphasizing (and ignoring) the wrong point.

Carnelo sparked THE CHIN (legal).

Swift sparked THE CHIN (legal).

Crawford sparked his balls (illegal) . After 6 rounds of failing to spark the chin.

You're not this ******, so stop pretending you are. Stop ducking the truth.

Comment

You're emphasizing (and ignoring) the wrong point.

Carnelo sparked THE CHIN (legal).

Swift sparked THE CHIN (legal).

Crawford sparked his balls (illegal) . After 6 rounds of failing to spark the chin.

You're not this ******, so stop pretending you are. Stop ducking the truth.
              —————
              “ After 6 rounds of failing to spark the chin” - these are your words verbatim.
              Well, Canelo sparked the chin after almost 6 rounds of failing so he must be as terrible as Crawford.
              Your words, your logic.

Comment

Crawford isn’t the best at 147. Plain and simple.

He might have some skill but it sure as hell isnt being put on display with legitimate competition at 147.

May as well call him a paper champ at this point.

Comment

"Don't buy the PPV - it will suck"

Comment

—————
                    “ After 6 rounds of failing to spark the chin” - these are your words verbatim.
                    Well, Canelo sparked the chin after almost 6 rounds of failing so he must be as terrible as Crawford.
                    Your words, your logic.
                    You're still ducking the point, you're justifying low blowing a guy when you can't get him out of there otherwise. You're blind and will remain so until Crawford gets exposed or retires unfulfilled.

Done.

Comment

You're still ducking the point, you're justifying low blowing a guy when you can't get him out of there otherwise. You're blind and will remain so until Crawford gets exposed or retires unfulfilled.

Done.
                      ——————-
                      I am just responding to you using your own logic.
                      As for Crawford, he will get beat by Spence or Porter if he ever fights them.

Comment

Working...
                      X