Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Prograis, Hooker Going Separate Ways; Can't Agree On Weight, Money

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Afi23 View Post
    Agree (to some extent)! I know my view is heavily tainted by his last big fight at 140lbs vs Ramirez but just like you, I fail to see how Hooker could become a real player at 147lbs.

Damn, Hooker and Prograis are really going to pass on a nice payday and a "big fight" (given the current circumstances) over a pound and thousands of dollars. It must have been the money because they really, they couldn't agree on 144.5lbs?
    [Content is Protected, Please Register For Free To Unlock This Content]

Yeah man, times are tough. Its hard making a buck in boxing right now. I will eat crow if Maurice Hooker beats a top five welter, maybe even a top ten. Kudratillo Abdukakhorov and Sergey Lipinets are the only welters in the top ten that I would give him a shot at beating.

Regis Prograis has plenty of good fights at 140, but I hope he gets the rust off asap so we can see the big fights early next year, or with luck late 2020.

Comment

Originally posted by Mammoth View Post
      Yeah nothing great coming out
      Despite the risk that Prograis represents, shouldn't a guy like Robert Easter Jr. try to jump on this fight in order to establish himself quickly at 140lbs (though I think he'd lose vs Prograis)?

Comment

Hooker wasn't going to make 143...not when he has got up to almost 168 at this point.

Let's see if he can find someone to fight at 147 but it would not be a fight he may initially like...

For Prograis, a fight with Easter would be an interesting matchup

Comment

Originally posted by Afi23 View Post
          Despite the risk that Prograis represents, shouldn't a guy like Robert Easter Jr. try to jump on this fight in order to establish himself quickly at 140lbs (though I think he'd lose vs Prograis)?
          Bunny took a rather one-sided loss to Mikey, a much smaller guy.

His credibility is shot.

Comment

Working...
          X