Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Tyson Fury Aims To Break Bank With Richest Deal In Boxing History

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tyistall View Post
    Fury says things and many of believe him right off the bat. When you know he changes what he says and does, almost every week. He has never filled a stadium so he can't be the richest boxer in history. He's never had a PPV over a million so again, no where close to the top. Forbes claimed he had 7 million in endorsements...ummm from where again? Oddballs boxers? Other than that, I haven't seen an ad from Fury so you can't just make these numbers up. This narrative of Fury making more money than Canelo and AJ, is asinine because there is no proof.
    I agree in some aspects he does flip flop all the time on what he is going to do first he was going to retire after 3 fights then he was going to continue fighting for years then he said he had a few more fights in him after completing his contract so who knows he's probably just angling for more money and I can't blame him he fought the hardest puncher in the division twice in his home country so he does have a bargaining chip.

He made good money against Wilder and although they didn't do big numbers PPV wise they still did better than I thought but they had guaranteed purses so that's where the bulk of his income came. That includes endorsements but Forbes also includes the earnings from outside endeavors Tyson Fury made 15 million for his WWE appearance and he also has a best selling book on Amazon not sure how much he made from that but I'm sure its decent. He did some Christmas song also lol with a famous British musician so I'm sure he has royalties from that also haha.

Fury is a smart businessman I don't think he will make more than Mayweather but he is going to make some good money off his name he already has dabbled in WWE maybe he will do like Rousey after he retires from boxing and continue to make bank.

I can believe he made more than AJ over the past 12 months because of his side endeavors and the fact that AJ took a big loss and yeah he rebounded but I'm sure that impacted his marketability a bit. Canelo on the other hand who knows that DAZN deal is not upfront its split up over time but I still think with his endorsements and his last 2 fights he pulled in more.

Comment

Originally posted by Roberto Vasquez View Post
      I have been very critical of Tyson Fury but look at the quality of fighters he has beaten! How can anyone argue he is not the best of all time?

I hope his new deal includes a rematch with Tom Schwarz.
      😂😂😂....that guy of Fury and his arse-kissers are badly out of touch.

Comment

Originally posted by Gamer30168 View Post
        Good luck Mr Fury. Better get your game up if you want to be an attraction like Mayweather or Pacquiao or even De La Hoya. Personally I just don't think he is that marketable as a fighter. I'll admit that I'm interested to know the results after he fights but I'm not interested enough to actually pay to watch him fight. My prediction is that he will probably make some good money but nothing even close to record breaking
        I feel the same , wouldn't pay to see him , doesrnt hold interest in interviews, doesn't fill stadiums as you say , just trying to play the streetwise card of playing everyone off against each other , trouble is all these people are way to sharp to pay him more than what he's worth .

Comment

A dream one want to be real.

I not see this type of money for Tyson Fury after winning against Deontay Wilder again and Anthony Joshua. Is not viable in this present condition, cause of pandemic.

Comment

This is great for the sport of boxing. Tyson Fury is the Highest Paid Fighter in the world!!! This is the best thing for boxing!!!

Comment

What?

Fury it’s not gonna happen.Canelo deal is 365 million Fury canT even sell out arenas. Top rank gave away thousands of seats for your two fights without wilder. I remember him only selling 6,000 tickets for his Vegas fights. With Otto wallin and that other dude he fought.

Comment

Haters gonna hate, but if the Gypsy King becomes a free agent while being the Unified, Lineal, Ring magazine champion, having wiped the floor with his two closest rivals, then who knows?

Comment

The problem isn't Fury, it's the fact that there just isn't enough good names out there to make a profit once he beats Wilder and Joshua.

Comment

Originally posted by Gamer30168 View Post
                    Good luck Mr Fury. Better get your game up if you want to be an attraction like Mayweather or Pacquiao or even De La Hoya. Personally I just don't think he is that marketable as a fighter. I'll admit that I'm interested to know the results after he fights but I'm not interested enough to actually pay to watch him fight. My prediction is that he will probably make some good money but nothing even close to record breaking
                    —-////

Where are you from?? The British love their guys. Hatton had tens of thousands fans traveling to the US to see him fight.
                    Khan has his delusional fights too.
                    And you don’t think Fury is marketable?? How?
                    Fury vs AJ will be the biggest fight in boxing. It will sell out Wembley stadium. It doesn’t need any marketing.

Fury is already a huge household name in the UK. He does not need any marketing

Comment

Biggest deal i dont say that unless they build up 1 more fighter to get a belt like dubois then somehow aj or fury loses a belt probably for not fighting mandatory dubois gets the belt then fights 1 quality oppenent and then can oppeners then they can hypr a fury or aj fight for em and fury or aj would be in demand for a massive new contract but unless its a 12 fights 360-420m deal i dont see someone anytime soon breaking canelo record. I see big deals like 6 fight 100m-200m contractd though for fighters spence could get there fury and aj and a long shot wilder too for they already there.except spence. Long term if fight on through 147 r. Garcia haney stevenson davis 1 of them could get there more than likely r. Garcia if keep winning cause theyre already trying to hype em up like the modern day de la hoya. Haney could do it to if take a villanolious role they create a rivalry all the way through 147 or 154.. Pacquiao could do 150-250m for 2 fights if wanna be serious and do a mcgregor fight in vegas and an amir khan mikey garcia fight in qatar uae or saudi arabia. Since they can pay unlimited money for fights cough 8-10m for khan vs a no name indian dude of the street cause amir is muslim they trying to bring tourism and combat sports to arabia and cause they have tons of billionaires and its a developed first class nations they can afford to overpay more than dazn for fights

Comment

Working...
                      X