No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Bob Arum: Boxing PPVs Must Be Cheaper Moving Forward

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Bob Arum: Boxing PPVs Must Be Cheaper Moving Forward

As 15% of U.S. citizens suffer unemployment and social distancing becomes the new norm, the UFC tallied nearly 700,000 pay-per-view buys Saturday at $65 a piece generating upward of $45 million in the middle of a pandemic without a true bonafide attraction.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Got to cast a wider net across all demographics by making it cheaper. Young guys will talk themselves out of an expensive card or buddy up.

Comment

Great to hear. Let's also not start the main event at midnight either!

Comment

Originally posted by Coachcody View Post
        Great to hear. Let's also not start the main event at midnight either!
        The main event can wait. We have 5 no-hopers to watch.

Comment

sounds like something a promoter says when he plans to pay his fighters less

Comment

I just rip pretty much everything from YT or Bing at this point. Sunday mornings are great for me, I can always find something.

God bless us everyone - Tiny Tim

Comment

Originally posted by TheMyspaceDayz View Post
              The main event can wait. We have 5 no-hopers to watch.

I’ll take the 5 no hopers as long as it’s cheaper
              Wtf no ?

Comment

Yep well said. The ppvs will have to be less and the fighters will have to be less greedy and make less when they are not in big fights. Half these ppvs to $50 or less and they will certainly help the sport. Oh....and have less of them. If it’s a big name out him on cable, ESPN+, or free tv unless he is in a big fight with a stacked undercard.

Comment

Originally posted by Oldskoolg View Post
                  Yep well said. The ppvs will have to be less and the fighters will have to be less greedy and make less when they are not in big fights. Half these ppvs to $50 or less and they will certainly help the sport. Oh....and have less of them. If it’s a big name out him on cable, ESPN+, or free tv unless he is in a big fight with a stacked undercard.
                  Exactly lets go back to the good ole days when we had 3 real title fights with elite fighters none of thos miss match chit

Comment

Boxing needs LESS PPV's going forward because the sport as a whole is not that popular here in the States

Comment

Working...
                    X