Comments Thread For: Bob Arum: Boxing PPVs Must Be Cheaper Moving Forward

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gamer30168
    replied
    I never bought a PPV in my life and I never will. I don't care if they sell it for $5. I haven't paid for any music in 25 years either. This is the computer age. If you even have minimal computer skills it's all there to be had for free

Leave a comment:

• RL_GMA
    replied
    Originally posted by 'b' View Post
    "Boxing pay-pah-views ah too expensive, customahs would be willing to pay forty dollahs, tops. If we lowah tha price to forty-five dollahs, more people would watch and it'd be good for the spawt. Imagine, fifty dollah pay-pah-views? The viewah-ship would increase threefold. I am working with tha networks to lowah the price to a measly fifty five dollahs.

I mean really, who can't ah-ford sixty dollahs?"

"Deontay Wilder vs Tyson Fury 2 hit by millions of illegal streams. The WBC heavyweight championship fight between Tyson Fury and Deontay Wilder last month was reportedly streamed illegally by up to 20 million people, according to piracy expert Wayne Lonstein of VFT solutions"

But if Boxing & UFC want to continue with the same platform and expect numbers from 5-10 years ago, be my guest.

Leave a comment:

• 'b'
    replied
    "Boxing pay-pah-views ah too expensive, customahs would be willing to pay forty dollahs, tops. If we lowah tha price to forty-five dollahs, more people would watch and it'd be good for the spawt. Imagine, fifty dollah pay-pah-views? The viewah-ship would increase threefold. I am working with tha networks to lowah the price to a measly fifty five dollahs.

I mean really, who can't ah-ford sixty dollahs?"

Leave a comment:

• RL_GMA
    replied
    How do they expect to charge $75-100 for PPVs with how easy it is to get a Live 1080p Stream on a fires stick or other streaming devices?

Serious question, how many of you actually still have Cable in 2020? It's almost like still having a phone line.

Leave a comment:

• Oldskoolg
    replied
    Originally posted by FLY TY View Post
    It's pointless comparing UK to US ppvs at this point. You guys would pay for Whyte-Povetkin.
    Lol let them have their fantasy lad. These blokes from back home donít understand the USA, donít know any Americans, never been to the USA, and just have no understand that itís a totally different culture here. You can never explain it to them because they for some reason think the USA must be like the uk

Leave a comment:

• FLY TY
    replied
    Originally posted by Adamsc151 View Post
    Old Bob's seen the difference in sales between UK and USA ppv's. We probably have less than a fifth of the total population, yet generally have 3 times as many ppv buys simply due to the price difference. DAZN is probably taking away more business than Bob and Al originally thought over there as well so there's maybe a need to undercut a rival to stay afloat
    It's pointless comparing UK to US ppvs at this point. You guys would pay for Whyte-Povetkin.

Leave a comment:

• TJ highway
    replied
    Amen! Tired of paying for every fight!

Leave a comment:

• brian___
    replied
    Lower prices would help but competitive fights on the undercard would too. Doesn't have to be the biggest stars. Just even matchups.

Leave a comment:

• Adamsc151
    replied
    Old Bob's seen the difference in sales between UK and USA ppv's. We probably have less than a fifth of the total population, yet generally have 3 times as many ppv buys simply due to the price difference. DAZN is probably taking away more business than Bob and Al originally thought over there as well so there's maybe a need to undercut a rival to stay afloat

Leave a comment:

• SkillspayBills
    replied
    How about we abolish all PPVs to begin with.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X