Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sooo, Did Tommy Morrison really didn’t have AIDS?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
    You can get false negatives. I’d be curious if you could test negative if you were on anti virals also...
    I think yes you can test negative.

I think that’s what it was. He was hiding it for years then got busted. Took the medicine. Then met a crazy woman and stopped taking them.

Comment

What gives? If he had all these supervised tests, how were the results negative if he had aids?

Comment

The tests were never really supervised. There was always something shady going on. Tommy definitely had HIV, he had all the symptoms, and his mum had known the truth even before he publicly tested positive.
        Tommy was always extremely evasive about getting tested.
        Then he met the looney Trish who put all kinds of crap in his head, so he stopped taking his meds. If not for her, Tommy would likely be alive today.

Comment

who the hell really didn't did write the thread title?

Comment

He died of a bacterial infection common to immunocompromised patients. People with normal functioning immune systems very, very rarely experience severe infections from this bacteria.

His mother said he had full blown AIDS and then shortly after, he died.

His wife denies AIDS even exists.

His promoter says he tested positive. And let's face it -- he would have taken multiple tests. There's no way he took the NAC's word for it and gave up tens of millions of dollars in guarantees.

Comment

This is a pretty good article on the subject from ESPN, shortly before Morrison died: https://www.espn.com/espn/otl/story/...test-big-fight

Comment

I think it's really interesting how you don't hear about testing positive for HIV like you did 30 yrs ago. One thing for sure, he definitely had something. Judging by his body degenerating to the extent that it did in the later years, I'd say he looked like the central casting of an HIV patient. Also his mom illuded to him being gay so there's that. Either way, what a great character and competitor he was in his hay day.

Comment

Originally posted by chaos View Post
                  The wife is actually suing to clear his name. It's in the courts at the moment. Seems he got screwed.
                  His personal doctor said he got tested numerous times over the years (from the point of his first test) and came up positive.

And when he tested positive the first time, his team had countless tests conducted that came up positive, according to Don King's people. There was Tyson fight on the table.

The ESPN 30 For 30 nailed the coffin in the claims his "fourth" wife is making.

The case is actually NOT in the courts. It was tossed a few years ago. She filed a motion to bring it back late last year. It was denied. She filed another motion to reconsider her request, and then the coronavirus hit so motion is in limbo. She also represents herself, no lawyer on her case.

Comment

Originally posted by creekrat77 View Post
                    I think it's really interesting how you don't hear about testing positive for HIV like you did 30 yrs ago. One thing for sure, he definitely had something. Judging by his body degenerating to the extent that it did in the later years, I'd say he looked like the central casting of an HIV patient. Also his mom illuded to him being gay so there's that. Either way, what a great character and competitor he was in his hay day.

Not sure what the case is , whether he does or not
                    But he sure looked quite sick
                    His body looked like it was deteriorating

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
                      His personal doctor said he got tested numerous times over the years (from the point of his first test) and came up positive.

And when he tested positive the first time, his team had countless tests conducted that came up positive, according to Don King's people. There was Tyson fight on the table.

The ESPN 30 For 30 nailed the coffin in the claims his "fourth" wife is making.

The case is actually NOT in the courts. It was tossed a few years ago. She filed a motion to bring it back late last year. It was denied. She filed another motion to reconsider her request, and then the coronavirus hit so motion is in limbo. She also represents herself, no lawyer on her case.
                      The hearing was postponed, that's true, but it's still a legal hearing involving courts. Also, the fact that she might be representing herself, which is most likely because hiring a lawyer is too expensive, doesn't make it any less official.

There's articles following the case on "world boxing news" but I can't seem to link them here.
                      Last edited by Chaos; 05-11-2020, 04:02 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X